🍙Chapter 4~Like, Love🥟

Kyo opened the door to the kitchen to see Tohru and [Y/n] making tons of rice balls. "The hell's going on here? Plannin' to start a rice ball business?" He asked.

"Oh, good morning, Kyo." Tohru said.

"Morning, Kyon." [Y/n] greeted, and Kyo glared.

"We're experimenting to get ready for the culture festival." Tohru said with a smile, "You're out of bed early as usual, huh?"

"It's not early. It's normal." Kyo said and looked at [Y/n], "So were you out at the garden with Yuki all night long?" He asked. [Y/n] gave a sly smirk. "Yeah, you jealous or something?" She asked, and Kyo blushed. "What?! No!" He yelled, and [Y/n] chuckled.

"We went out to protect the vegetables from the typhoon." [Y/n] said, and Kyo picked up a rice ball. "I'm particularly proud of that one. You'll have to tell me what you think." Tohru said.

Kyo had a disgusted look, and he ran to the sink. "Seriously, even if it was bad, you didn't have to be so dramatic." [Y/n] muttered as Kyo chugged some water. "What are these?!" He asked.

"Rice balls made with chives." Tohru said and smiled, "So you don't like them then?"

"No way! I freakin' hate chives!" Kyo yelled, "Who's wrong with sticking to something normal like salmon or octopus filling. I'll just make my own." Kyo put some rice in his hands and started making one.

"That's amazing!"' Tohru said.

"Huh?"

"The way you shaped that rice ball. You're great. Really." Tohru said, and Kyo blushed a bit. "It's not a big deal. I had to make my own food while I was training. But just 'cause I can make it doesn't mean it'll taste good." He said.

"It's still impressive. If someone was working hard training to make rice balls, I think they would be very jealous of how good you are at it." Tohru said.

"Rice ball training isn't something people do." Kyo said as he walked to the living room, "Where do you even get these ideas?" He sat down and turned on the tv.

Tohru gasped, and [Y/n] gave her a questioning look. "I think I know." Tohru said, "Maybe you can't see it 'cause it's on your back."

"Huh?"

[Y/n] sighed with a sly smile. 'Not that silly analogy again.' She thought while continuing to make rice balls.

"Just think, if a person is a rice ball, and what's great about that person is a pickled plum, the problem is, the plum's on their back, where they can't see!" Tohru continued, "Maybe everyone in the world is walking around with plums on their backs. All different kinds. No two of them are exactly the same. But since they can't see their backs, they can't see the plum that makes them unique. They think they don't have anything special--That they're just plain white rice. Even though that's not true at all. Even though they really have a plum of their own. Maybe that's the reason we get jealous. 'Cause when it comes to plums, other people's are a lot easier to see. So trust me with I say, I can see it. Plain as day. you have a plum right there on your back." Tohru got on the floor with Kyo, "Sure, Sohma is great, but the thing is, so are you."

Kyo stared at her for a moment then blushed. "Okay, seriously?! Where do you get these ideas?!" He questioned as he turned around, "And why do you have to pick plums of all things for your stupid analogy?"

"Maybe I should've used salmon instead!" Tohru said frantically, and [Y/n] smiled a bit while taking the kettle off of the burner and turned it off. "You've got one on your back too. You know, a plum." [Y/n] heard Kyo compliment Tohru.

"Aww, how cute." [Y/n] teased.

"Will you shut up?!" Kyo yelled.

'Must be nice...to have a plum that can be seen...' [Y/n] thought as she made tea for herself.