🥟Chapter 26~Haunted Summer🍙

"You don't have to become an adult but try to be somebody who takes responsibility for their words and their actions. Though, I guess that's actually harder. All right, kids." Mayuko said while sitting her desk with her arms and legs crossed; students gasped when she stopped talking, "That's the last lecture you'll hear for a while. It's over. Try not to do anything crazy over the break." She walked out of the class.

As soon as the door closed, the students went crazy. Uotani slammed her foot on the desk. "This vacation is all about makin' money and playin' hard!" She rambled with a crazed grin on her face while Tohru stood next to her smiling.

[Y/n] had the same grin, "Studying can go screw itself! I really need to demolish something! I'm so pumped I could tear a car apart with my bare hands!"

"Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" Uotani cheered, and the two girls locked their fingers together, pushing each other back and forth.

"I understand how thrilled you two are but try to restrain yourselves before you start frightening people." Hanajima said while dressed in summer attire with a popsicle and an inflatable ring in hand.

"Look at that. It looks like summer threw up on you." Uotani said.

"Hey, there you are," A male student said to Hanajima, "Remedial class dates are posted in the hallway."

"Not necessary. I will not be attending any this year. I didn't receive a single failing grade."

"YOU PASSED EVERYTHING???!!!"

"Even I'm shocked." [Y/n] muttered and crossed her arms.

"I'm guessing you really didn't like the idea of being stuck in a classroom without AC all summer long." Uotani said.

"Correct. Last year was quite horrid."

"That's what kept you from failing?!" The males said, "But if it was that simple, then couldn't you just pass your exams every time?"

"Yeah, I mean, obviously you can do it if you try hard enough."

"Yes, I contemplated that same possibility myself. However, I find that I have no motivation. None."

"Well, that explains it." [Y/n] said.

"Enough of that." Hanajima said, "We've been granted our freedom, and we must take advantage of it. So, how shall we entertain ourselves this afternoon?"

"Sorry, I'm working, so you'll have to count me out." Uotani said.

"Oh, so you picked up a shift?" Tohru asked.

"First, the cafe, then the convenience store. Gotta make that cash." Uotani said with a smile.

Tohru smiled, "I know what you mean. I was gonna find an extra job for the summer, too, but I never had time to look."

"Same here, but I have so many club activities; I hardly have any free time." [Y/n] said while stretching her head.

"Are you two completely insane?! You both already do all the cooking and cleaning in a giant house full of disgusting men! And now you wanna take on another job?! You'll work yourself to death. I forbid it." Uotani ranted.

"No, but really. They're the ones who've been taking care of us." Tohru said.

"They could do better." Hanajima said, "Oh, speaking of men, the other day, you mentioned encountering one at work who was similar to our Tohru here. Which job did you meet him at?"

"Oh, that was at the store." Uotani said, "And just so we're clear, it's not that he's actually all that similar to Tohru. It was more that his clumsiness reminded me of her a little."