Ch. 11

Long time no see...i'll just get straight to the chapter

5 months later...

I groaned into my hands as both sleep and a massive hangover was overcoming me.

This song had to be done by tonight for the boys' recording, but I still couldn't figure out what was missing. Joon assured me it was perfect multiple times, but I can't help overthinking. Even though working here meant a lot of positive attitudes and constructive criticism, people calling my songs "perfect" was something I still struggled to accept. On top of that I still had a draft due tomorrow for the Produce 101 song.

I groaned again, tugging my hands through my hair.

I shouldn't be complaining. I was the one who put myself here by staying out way too late yesterday to celebrate Jungkook's birthday. Last night was filled with dancing, laughing, and a shit ton of drinking.

Running my hands through my hair one last time, I put my headphones back on and started working on the Produce song instead. The missing link of the other one will come eventually...I hope.

Three hours later...still nothing. Just as I'm about to smash my head into my computer, an oblivious Taehyung slams the door open. I wince at the sound. I was just about to scream at him when I saw the nectar in the form of a Starbucks cup in his hand. "That better be for me, or I'm about to punch you in the face." I said holding my hand out.

"Damn, woman. How many times do I have to tell you, hands off the goods." He rolled his eyes as he handed me the coffee cup and settled into the sofa.

"Legs off the table." I reminded him watching as he shifted them to the sofa instead. I sipped on the chai latte and almost cried from how good it was. I could already feel my headache soothing.

Swiveling my chair around I studied Taehyung as he browsed through his phone. I've gotten closer to him than I ever could have imagined over the last few months. I still hang out with the other members but Tae was the one who truly understood me. He was there for all the late nights I was working at the studio and comforted me when I opened up to him about my past trauma. But he also helped me heal the large hole in my heart, and though a part of the pain is still there, I feel like I've finally been able to breathe without thinking about it. He became my person and I came to rely on him for almost everything. Although he was still mildly, no scratch that, majorly annoying, I cared about him more than I've cared for anyone else in my life in a long time.

As if he felt my gaze on him, he looked up "You're staring, it's creepy. I feel like you're cussing me out inside your head. Stop!" He said shielding his face.

I rolled my eyes at his antics. "You're so dramatic." Walking over to the sofa, I lifted his legs and placed them on my lap instead as I sat down. "How are you not hungover, I swear you were the one doing the most shots. I only took like 6 and my head feels like it's about to bust open." I whined.

He looked over his phone at me and laughed. "Iseul, Iseul, Iseul. Didn't I tell you? Perfect people don't deal with moral dilemmas such as these. Tsk, tsk when will you learn?"

"Funny." I deadpanned then pushed his legs off my lap causing them to bang into the table.

"Ow!!" He screeched, rubbing his knees. "One day you're going to seriously injure me and every single Army out there is gonna hate you forever." He said childishly, sticking out his tongue.

"Yeah, yeah. If you're lucky, you'll only get injured." I said before focusing on the divine drink in my hand again. "Well I guess if I killed you, I would have no one to buy me Starbucks. You're safe. For now." I said smirking at him as I took another sip.