Prologue

Congratulations Kim Iseul,

Bighit Entertainment is pleased to offer you a position as one of the producers and composers amongst the Bighit music production team. Your experience and credentials show you to be the best candida--

I felt tears rise up as I clutched the letter I've been waiting months for.

Finally, I thought. Months of blood, sweat, and tears paid off as I landed myself a job in one of the most successful entertainment companies in the world.

When I first got out of college with my production degree, I didn't want to join a company and compose songs for other people. At the time, my songs were personal and they didn't feel right if anyone other than me sang them. So I composed and sang songs on my Youtube channel while working part time at a diner nearby. Fun, I know.

However as time went by, I became desperate. My channel wasn't blowing up and my part-time job really wasn't bringing in enough money for me to live comfortably. I spend most of the day working and whatever time I had left was for my music. There really wasn't time for me to have and maintain a social life, so I had "lonely" on my list of problems as well. Instant ramen, zero friends, long shifts, and a cramped apartment wasn't really how I envisioned my life when I graduated college.

Just as I was reaching my breaking point I saw a hiring sign online for Bighit. As much as I didn't want to work in an entertainment company, I was desperate. Desperatime times called for desperate measures, and I refused to give up my dream of composing and producing songs. So without thinking I emailed them a couple of my samples along with my information.

5 months later and I'm picking up my phone ready to call the number in the letter to accept the job. I can't believe this is really happening. My life was about to change drastically and I had no idea.

This is it Iseul-ah. This is the change you've been waiting for.

Wiping my tears, I clicked call.