Ch. 13

A/N: SUPRISE!! DOUBLE UPDATE!!

A couple minutes after I finally calmed down, I heard a knock at my door. Before I could respond, Taehyung's head peeked through and then his arm, holding a blue convenience store bag.

"I bought dinner..." He started, hesitantly. "It's your favourite, tteokboki and grapefruit soju."

I weakly smiled at him, waving him inside. As he sighed with relief and plopped down next to me on the couch, I was thankful that even if the world goes to shit I would still have a best friend named Taehyung.

"Did you not end up going to dinner with them?" I asked. 

He immediately shook his head. "I wanted to hang out with you tonight anyway. Are you okay?" He asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm okay. I knew everything was going too uncharacteristically well. I can't believe that I still am affected by him even after all these years."

He grabbed my shoulders turning me towards him. "Don't say that. You deserve to be happy, and that asshole doesn't deserve your tears. I swear if I ever see him, I'm gonna knock his nonexistent brain out of his ugly head."

I chuckled at his words. Taehyung's creative insults were one of my favourite things about him. I still laugh to this day when I remember him telling Jin oppa to stop talking or dead skin cells were gonna come out of his mouth.

"Ahh, there's that annoying laugh again. I missed it." I attempted to smack his shoulder but he dodged it, snickering.

"How are you still bothersome even in this situation?" I complained, but the smile still stayed on my face. I was already feeling ten times better than I was ten minutes ago.

He ruffled my hair, and then started taking things out of the grocery bag. "If I don't humble you, who will? You've been getting too many compliments recently. I'm just doing the world a favour by subduing your ego."

This time he was too quick to dodge my smack, and he yelped. "Yah! You treat me like this now, but later you'll be thankful when people call you a good person. I don't deserve this treatment, I'm leaving!"

He started to get up, but I yanked his arm back down. He fell back on the sofa and crossed his arms, sulking. Anyone else would have been concerned, but I knew him well enough to know that he was being dramatic.

"You're such a drama queen." I stated, grabbing the soju off the table and cracking it open. I chugged a healthy bit of it, then wiped my mouth, sighing in relief. Whoever invented soju deserved every good thing in this world. It'll always brighten your mood on a bad day. Well that, and a friend named Taehyung acting stupid.

Taehyung just grinned, used to being called dramatic, and grabbed the soju bottle from me. He also took a large drink of it, then turned to me, a more serious look on his face. "Seriously though, Iseul. Are you sure you're okay? We can talk about anything if you want to." I opened my mouth to respond, but he continued with his worrying. "Or if you don't want to talk to me, make an appointment with the company's therapist. I promise, she's really good! And maybe you'll find the closure you need by talking with her."

I smiled at him, grateful to have someone that cared this much. "I promise, Tae, I'm really okay. Honestly, I was overreacting. What Jeonghan said wasn't even that bad, I'm not mad at him. I'm just upset that I'm still reminded of...him. Even though it happened months ago."

Taehyung looked at me sympathetically, but I had to turn my eyes away. I hated when people looked at me with pity. "You know what you went through wasn't normal, right Iseul?"

I looked back up at him. "I know, but I just want to move on from those times. I thought I was doing better, but today just feels like all the progress I've made towards healing, vanished."