Chapter 1

Italics are thoughts
Normal font is actions

Quick description of the room. There's a chalkboard at the front of the room, a desk in the center, a couple of bookshelf's, and two doors on both sides of the room. There's more to it but you'll figure that out by reading.

Y/n's POV

  I scrape another tally mark into the wall, happy birthday to me. I've been stuck in this damn place forever now. My parents sent me here to this school out of spite, I just know it, jokes on them though, I'm still alive. Though it's not much of living, I'm confined to this small room and have a chain around my neck that connects to the floor. I have chains around my wrists too, their connected together.

The teachers don't trust me since they have no 'control' over me in a sense. It's a lot harder to kill a human teenager rather than a flimsy porcelain child. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear the door creek open. I sit up and see a teacher walking in, time for lessons I suppose.

Monos POV

I can't believe those stupid kids took Six! I smashed a child's head in with a hammer, making glass go everywhere. I carefully avoided the glass and got to the next child, making quick work of it. I pause when I see a door to a room slightly cracked. I could hear the scraping sound of something being written on a chalkboard as I moved closer.

I peeked inside to see a teacher furiously writing on the chalkboard, but something else caught my eye. There was an older kid, maybe around 14 or 15 being taught by the teacher, alone. I thought this school just catered to younger kids? Guess not.

From the looks of it, they didn't appear to be affected by the signal tower, they looked pretty normal. Not gonna take any chances. I crouched and moved further into the room and under a bookshelf. The teacher banged on the chalkboard one last time before walking over to the student and smacking them on the head with a ruler. They flinched but made no effort to stop the teacher.

The teacher screeched then slithered her way out the door I just came in, slamming it on her way out. The student rubbed their head where the teacher hit them and hissed. Great, now how am I supposed to get out of this room. I looked around for an escape but only saw a vent that was way too high for me to reach. Maybe if I climb that bookshelf I can jump and get over to it?

The student yawned and turned away. Nows my chance! I carefully start speed walking over to the bookshelf, but luck was not on my side as I stepped on a squeaky floor board. The student looked over and saw me before I had the chance to hide.

Y/n's POV

Oh shit- I stare wide eyed at the young boy. Why do they have a bag on their head? I carefully stand up while holding eye contact. Then suddenly he started sprinting away. "No! Wait! I'm not gonna-", he started throwing whatever he could pick up from the bookshelf at me. "Ouch- STOP-", I run over and luckily I'm able to grab him and stop them from throwing things at me again.

He squirms in my grip but I refuse to let go. "Look little dude, I'm not gonna hurt you, trust me, if I wanted you dead I would've already crushed you by now". The squirming stopped and heavy breathing came from behind the bag. "Okay, now that your listening, if you help me out, I'll help you out, okay?", the boy just stared at me then slowly nodded.

"You see those pliers up on that shelf?", I point to a very high shelf in the room, he nods. "I can't reach them myself, so all you need to do is  push them down for me when I lift you up there", I was expecting another nod but this time he actually responded with a quiet okay.

Finally, a real response. I walked over to the shelf and got on my tippy toes and was just able to lift the boy up enough so he could grab the shelf and lift himself up. Suddenly the pliers are pushed off the shelf and land right on my foot. I hiss and hear a quiet sorry from the shelf. " It's okay", it's just then I realized, there's no way I could get him down without him having to jump.

"Okay kid, I can't grab you from there so your gonna have to trust me and jump". I backed up a bit from the shelf and was able to see the boys head. I could feel the nervousness from him," I promise I'll catch you, just trust me". The boy seemed to ponder my words for a second before taking a deep breath, stepping back, and jumping towards me.

I caught him effortlessly and he held on for dear life to my shirt. I held him tightly to my chest in a way to comfort him. When his breathing went back to normal and he wasn't gripping as hard I put him down and grabbed the pliers, cutting my neck chain first. The instant relief my back and neck felt was amazing, I cut the chains around my wrists too, they were still kinda hanging, but I figured I could use them for protection or something like in the movies. I dropped the pliers and looked back down at the boy,"thanks kiddo", I bent over and patted the top of his bag briefly before picking him up and taking him over to the vent.

"When you go into the next room, pull that chair out from under the door handle so I can get out", the boy seemed more trustful of me already and gave me a little 'understood!' and a over exaggerated nod. I smiled and lifted him to the vent, just barely being able to let him reach it. He went in and I could hear the vent groan with his weight. Dread filled me, what if he didn't come back? What would the teacher do if she saw me, oh god what do I do-

I hear the chair being pulled out and I'm relieved. I go over to open the door and it doesn't work. "Hold on! There's a lock on it! I'll find the key, I promise! Don't worry!", I hear tiny footsteps run off. It's gonna be okay y/n, he's just gonna go find the key, don't worry. I sit in front of the door and wait, he'll be back, he promised.

First chapter done! Sorry we're moving a bit fast, I just want to create the bond and develop it a bit before Six is introduced so they can have individual time. This has been proof read but correct me if I messed anything up.

1182 words