Chapter 3

(Warning, violence)

Y/n's POV

We walked down the hallway- well, I walked, Mono ran up ahead of me, looking all around for bullies suspiciously, then looking back at me to make sure I was still following, clearly still on edge after that whole fiasco.

Mono sped walked to an elevator. "Didn't notice that before", he put his hands on his hips, then looked to the button, then back to me. OH- the button! I stepped around Mono who was standing in front of the door patiently and pressed the button. The elevator screeched open and Mono walked in first. The elevator started to shut behind him and his yell pushed me to step over and put my foot in the door, effectively stopping it from closing.

It opened back up and was able to walk in with the door shutting shortly behind me. Mono looked a little nervous, as he was shuffling around and grabbing my pant leg to comfort himself. The elevator started to go up and I put my hand on the wall to balance myself, always having a small fear of elevators for whatever reason.

The elevator eventually stopped and dinged open to my relief. We stepped out, this time, Mono was more cautious, staying closer to me and being slower. We walked down a short hallway to a closed door, I opened it easily to see a bully with a dunce hat on its head, drawing on the ground. It didn't seem to pay any mind to the door opening and kept drawing. Mono crouched and slipped past it to grab a pipe.

He slowly crept behind it but stepped on a squeaky board. I thought fast and stomped my foot, effectively gaining the bully's attention. Its head snapped towards me, but seemed confused, as it just starred at me in bewilderment, not knowing what I was exactly.

Mono creeped behind it and smashed its head in. "Nice", I complimented, Mono gave me a thumbs up while dropping the pipe. I walked over to the door Mono was near to, and gripped the handle, twisting it, it didn't budge. I tried again, but nothing.

"Step back", I glanced over to Mono to see him going towards the door with the pipe as I backed up. He let out a grunt as he began to use the pipe to bust down the bottom of the door, great, id have to crawl.

He busted it open enough for me to squeeze through. He looked back at me, with a kinda, 'did you see that?' look to him and I smiled. He went in first with a proud walk, and I followed behind, struggling and getting scratched by the wood. "Can you get through?", Mono asked worriedly. I nodded as I continued to struggle. "Just go ahead Mono, I'll catch up".

He shook his head vigorously," absolutely not! I'm not leaving until your out and that's final!", his voice came out authoritative but I knew I could waver him. "You could go ahead and scout it out without going too far, just to make sure it's safe for me", that would get him. He thought about it, but shook his head again. "No! You can't be alone!", I sighed and leaned over on my arm to rest. "Mono, don't you wanna make sure it's safe for me?".

He stood there and stared at me for a second,"okay", he gave in. "But I'll be right back!", he started walking away reluctantly. Meanwhile I still laid there stuck in the door miserably.

Mono's POV

I didn't want to leave them there, but this is a good chance to show them how cool and useful I can be! I walked around for a little, but still didn't stray too far away, when I hear a door open, I quickly hid under a bookshelf before it could see me.

The teacher glared over the room, seemingly looking for something. When she turned her head I decided to make a break for it back to
Y/n. The teacher heard me and screeched. I yelped in horror and started running back to
Y/n, with that being my only option to go.

Y/n's POV

I struggled against the wood, trying to pull my clothes out first so they wouldn't rip, but nothing was working so far. I snapped to attention when I heard a yelp and two sets of footsteps getting closer. In panic I struggled quicker, trying to back up, not knowing what was headed towards me.

I was horrified to see Mono running into the room, slamming the door shut. It wasn't gonna hold for long. I pushed myself against the door trying to escape to Mono, no longer caring about my clothes. The door was barely on its hinges as I managed to rip myself free of the door, most certainly getting splinters.

(Warning)

I rushed towards Mono and grabbed him in my arms protectively as the door bursts in. I held Mono tightly as I hear the teacher scream and yell. Her pounding footsteps stopped right behind me when she suddenly hit my back with her damn ruler. I winced slightly, but refused to give in as I instinctively curled more into Mono.

She kept hitting me with it, releasing pint up aggression on me. I could feel blood trickling down my back, but at least the pain had mostly gone numb. I only focused on Mono as he hugged me and shoved his face in my chest, as I did my best to cover his ears.

The hitting stopped and I released a breath, the teachers heavy breathing behind me indicated she tired herself out as she finally decided it was enough. She stomped away and slammed some door far away, leaving.

(Warning over, Summary: Y/n grabbed Mono and protected him from the teacher as Y/n was being hurt by the teacher)

I finally released the tears I had been holding and sobbed, I wasn't used to this bad of treatment. I let go of Mono but didn't say anything as I dried my tears and calmed myself down. He was crying too. I was able to hoist myself up, there was pain, but the adrenaline kept it at bay for now.

I started walking the way Mono went originally, hearing his feet padding against the floor behind me, following silently. I felt him grip my pant leg, but payed him no mind as I kept walking around, looking for the next place to go.

I opened a door and heard clanging, like plates and screaming children. Shit, the lunchroom. I had only been here when I was young, but it was enough to traumatize me, the constant bullying is shitty for a kids mental health.

I gripped the bar as I stepped down the stairs, finally feeling Mono let go of my pant leg, but still sticking close to me. I went to move a tray cart when Mono had grabbed it and moved it over for me so I could enter the room. I pushed open the door with Mono squeezing past me to see what was in there. There laid the dead body of the lunch lady, she had it coming. I hated that bitch.

Mono managed to get on top of one of the machines in the room and a black glitch appeared next to him. Mono absorbed it as I stood there shocked, but decided not to question him about it. We left the room as my adrenaline was wearing off.

I hissed and lightly touched my back just to wince at the pain. It was still tolerable, so I should be fine for now. Mono starred up at me, and I forced a smile. He starred for a little longer before finally turning away as I let out a breath. He pushed open another door and we walked in to the kitchen.

The children were louder now and I crouched as I saw a few in the kitchen. Mono patted my knee and silently told me to sit while he handles it. Since I trusted him, and I was in a lot of pain, I let him and plopped on the ground quietly, leaning against a rack on the wall. He jumped up and over another rack and disappeared from my view.

I shut my eyes and rested as I heard Mono grunting as he smashed the bullies. This is gonna be rough.

Okay, I feel like I need to explain why Y/n didn't comfort Mono like they did when they attacked the bullies incase you didn't understand. Y/n was, and still kinda is, in a state of shock right now, their mind and their body is having trouble figuring out what just happened but deciding just to act like it didn't happen, so Y/n kinda disassociated and wasn't thinking straight because of the event, I hope that explained it better incase no one understood, if you have any questions just ask :)

1506 words