Chapter 9

Do any of you have a fear of dolls/ mannequins? Cause I do! This part of the game scared the shiz outta me 😓

"Welp, let's move", I walked up the stairs to find an elevator in need of two batteries. "Alright, guess we gotta find two batteries for the elevator", I turn around and see Six missing, I sigh. "Mono, go find her and bring her back, I'm gonna look over here".

"A-are you sure? What if you run into a monster?", he worriedly asked, grabbing a fistful of my pant leg. "I'll be okay Mono, I'm strong, remember? I would really appreciate it if you bring her back", he perked up a bit. "Okay! Be right back! Don't go anywhere", he yelled back at me as he ran off. I sighed, what am I going to do with him?

Mono's POV

I took off towards the direction I saw Six go in, this is my chance to prove myself to Y/n! I stepped through a shattered part of the glass in the door, careful to not step on any glass. I looked to my right and saw Six starring at a door, seemingly in thought. "There you are, come on, we need to get back to Y/n", Six looked over at me, then a strange smirk came to her face.

"Hey Mono, do you like Y/n?", I froze. My ears got hot and my palms started to sweat,"N-no, that's weird, why would I like them? E-ew", I huffed and crossed my arms at her. "Oh Y/n, you found us!", "WHAT-", I turned around to see nothing, then turned back to see Six snickering.

I huffed,"Okay! Okay! I do, I really do, but why do you care! It's not your business", Six froze for a second," I don't, you weirdo, I was just making fun of you!", she shouted, her face turned pink. "Wait, you better not-,".

"Mono do you wanna impress Y/n? Yes? Okay, come here and let me lift you up to the door". "What- that doesn't make sense-", "Do you wanna impress them or not!", I walked over to her and climbed on her hands and grabbed to the, pushing myself over, landing on the cold floor shortly after. "This isn't over Six".

I heard a silent huff as I walked away from the door, looking at a strange mannequin looking thing strapped to a table, as I got closer I stopped dead in my tracks as a hand broke off of it and jumped off the table crawling away into the darkness. Be brave Mono, you can do this. I continued through the room, hearing little taps across the ground as I went further in.

The taps got faster suddenly, I ran and jumped onto a table turning to look for the hand, it seemed to look at me as it skittered away under another table. I made a run for it towards a very ladder shaped shelf, while hearing the hand scratching at the concrete as it followed me. I jumped and grabbed the shelf, hastily making my way up into, what I hope it, a vent.

I threw myself in the vent, as the hand followed, making an echo hit the walls, thankfully I slipped out of the vent, the cover of it slamming shut in the hands 'face'. The sound stopped for a minute as I caught my breath, then I heard the tapping on the ground resume, this time away from me.

I wiped a bead of sweat from my head, my heart pounding, what the heck is that thing?!? I thought back to the hunter and the school, I hadn't come across anything like this before, except for the stuffed people in the hunters dining room, but at least they didn't move! I picked myself up from the ground, my face hardening as I walked down a short hallway into another room.

As I walked in I heard faint taps becoming louder, this things in here. I dashed forwards into the seemingly innocent room as I heard the hand skittering behind me, no doubt it was trying to kill me. I panted as I saw a glowing battery looking thing, but also, in the middle of the room, a hammer, thank whoever is looking down on me.

⚠️MILD GORE WARNING!!! (Mentions of object being repeatedly used to hit the hand) ⚠️

I grabbed the hammer immediately turning around to slug it onto the hand, it cracked, sounding almost like breaking porcelain, sounds familiar. The hand scattered away into the darkness, but this wasn't over.

I hear a faint sound behind me and I turn to the hand lunging at me, I drop the hammer to move but quickly pick it up again and slam it onto the hand. Another, louder crack, riddled the room as the hand scampered away frantically. I look to my right after hearing a noise but I'm quickly taken down my the hand.

It frantically tries to get a better grip but I kick it off of me, while it tries to recover I pick up the hammer one more time and slam it as hard as I can onto the hand, it finally shattering. I huff and pant as I think about what just happened, Six, you owe me big time.

⛔️GORE OVER!!! (Basically Mono was able to incapacitate the hand and now he is able to get the bulb, also, he's angry with Six)⛔️

Hiiiiiii!!! Sorry this took a longgg time, but school has been super super busy, idk when I'll be able to get the next chapter out, but I can firmly say I will NOT be abandoning this story!!! I really love it so far and it seems other people do too, so I will stay continued don't worry, the updates might just take awhile.
Make sure to drink plenty of water and to eat today, be safe <3

P.s. I'm going to start hardening up Mono, not only because I feel like he's a little annoying, but because I feel like it would help the story progress better, but don't worry he's still a big softie :)

1035 words