Chapter 4

I MEANT TO GET THIS OUT EARLIER SORRY BESTIES I FORGOT- also it's like 5 in the morning for me rn, so if I accidentally put a gender specific thing in this, I'm sorry I'll fix it later :)

Y/n's POV

I shut my eyes, I'm so tired. I felt a pat on my leg and I opened my eyes. Mono stood there quietly, fiddling with his coat. I forced a smile," Hey Mono, did you get rid of them?", he nodded hesitantly," Yes, but, I don't know how to get you through the cafeteria, I have an idea for me, but I don't know how to get you through". He sounded worried, a memory struck me suddenly," Mono, there should be spare teachers uniforms in a closet, past the cafeteria, and into the hallway on the right".

Mono looked a little more happy now that we had a plan, but then slumped and stepped closer to me. "So, I have to leave you? Alone? Again?", his voice trembled slightly, like he would either cry or hang onto my leg for dear life at any second. I sighed,"Mono, I'll be fine this time, I'm in a secluded area, with no one around, and this time, I'm not trapped in a door".

I tried lightning the mood but it seemed to make it worse," But this time your injured! You can't take another hit like that! What happens if the teacher finds you again! What will happen if she kills you this time! What will I do without you Y/n! I'm scared! I'm so scared...", he trembled and hugged himself tightly, trying his hardest not to let any tears escape, but soon failing as hiccups came from under his bag.

Is he already that attached to me? Jeez, poor kid. I sat up more, pain shooting through my spine, but I ignored it. I reached for mono and grabbed him gently, pulling him onto my lap and held him. He sure cries a lot, but that's okay.

I rubbed my hand on his back as he scooted closer. His hiccups died down until he was silent once again. He put his hands on the side of his bag and pulled it off while looking away from me. I was a little surprised, but it went away when I realized he probably got it wet with his tears and it would've been uncomfortable. He threw it away to another part of the room carelessly and cuddled closer to me, still hiding his face.

I wanted desperately just to go to sleep, but I knew I couldn't, it wouldn't be fair to Six or to Mono. "Mono", he moved his head a bit to signal he's listening," Can you go and get the disguise for me? Ya know, like a spy or something".

He looked up at me, finally showing me his puffy brown eyes, cute button nose, and brown tangled hair. His face had a mixture of a scared and worried expression as he frowned. " No", I sighed," Mono, you know we have to move-", " No!".

"Mono, we have to go save Six", he paused and pressed his lips together, he knew I was right, but he wasn't happy about it. "Fine, but you better be fine and alive when I come back or else I'll never leave you again!", his voice was reluctant and laced with anger, not directed at me, but more so towards the teacher.

"I pinkie promise", I held out my pinkie to him and he laced his with mine quickly, finalizing our deal. He hopped off my lap, found his now dried bag, and hopped on top of the rack. He spared another last glance at me before turning, and nodding, reassuring himself, then hopping off and leaving my sight.

I let out a sigh and finally let my body lay on the ground completely, curling into a ball and falling asleep, no longer being able to fight it, he'll be okay Y/n, don't worry. And with that I was out.

Mono's POV

I slipped on the porcelain child's head onto mine to conceal my face. I walked over to a small vent and slowly crept through, you can do this Mono. I stood up as I got out, porcelain children looked at me, but didn't acknowledge me any further.

I strode past them with fake confidence and slipped through a door into the cafeteria. My eyes widened at the amount of bullies in the room, we really have no other options. I continued through the cafeteria, bumping into a bully, and him pushing me away, but doing nothing further. I crawled under a table, walking quickly to get out from under it.

I saw an exit and was about to go through, when a pot fell off the table above and smashed to the ground. I stumbled back a bit, but regained my composure as I slipped out, trying not to step on the glass. I saw the way out of the cafeteria and squeezed through the door.

There's the closet! I went to go walk over to it when I was grabbed from behind. I heard distorted giggling from the bullies. I tried struggling, but it's hard when I'm having to hold this heavy doll skull over my own.

A few more bullies joined the first, then proceeded to drag me towards the closet and shove me in, making me trip and the mask fell off my head to my horror. Thankfully, the bullies closed the door immediately after, so they didn't see me.

Also, unfortunately, I'm trying to get up, I slice my palm on the glass. I hiss, it wasn't too bad, but it was still bleeding. I ignored it as I look around at the uniforms. There was mostly bully uniforms, but I saw a rack of a few teacher uniforms.

I climb the fabric of one of the uniforms that looked like it would fit them, lifted myself with the hanger bar, and un latched the uniform from the hanger. It fell to the ground with a slight noise. I gripped the bar harder, wincing as I made my way to another uniform, slowly climbing down.

I fold the outfit as much as I could so it would be easier to carry while looking around. I spotted a vent leading back towards the direction of the cafeteria. I force it open and start crawling with the uniform in hand. Don't worry Y/n! Mono is on the way!

Okay sorry this chapter is kinda boring, also I'm kinda bad at describing things so I'd like to make it clear that Mono has and is developing separation anxiety towards Y/n. I feel like I didn't explain it well so here's an explanation:).

1157 words

Not proof read yet, I wanted to get this out already so if some words change in the chapter, that's why