Chapter 10

Hey broskis, my friend is making a book about Dally from the outsiders, it is a fem reader, so if you wanna read it their @lyssthething :)

Mono's POV

I pushed a chair over towards the door, throwing the bulb thingy over into the other room before jumping myself. I look over and I was in the same hallway from before, just on the other side, I huffed, she left. Irritation struck me, but it disappeared as I heard Y/n calling me. I picked up the bulb, moving quickly.

"Hey Mono", Y/n smiled, I did too, until I saw her, what's Six doing in Y/n's arms? Jealousy hit me, my face turning red. Y/n put Six down, a smirk sitting on her face. I huffed, irritated, but handed the bulb to Y/n. "Thanks Mono!", they said, rubbing my head. A grin graced my face, maybe fighting that hand thing wasn't that bad. I puffed out my chest,"your welcome Y/n!".

Y/n's POV

I put the bulb in and heard a click, hopefully that's a good sign. I turned back to Mono and Six, only to see them not there, "guys?". "Down here!", Mono's voice echoed. I walked down the stairs and into a small room with an elevator,"in here Y/n", I continued into an X-ray type room, then I see Mono and Six in a toy room.

I look around, it reminds me of school, school. The thought makes me feel sick to my stomach. "I think there's a key in here", Six shakes a distorted bear, a jingle coming from inside. She walks back into the X-ray room, putting the bear behind the blinds of the X Ray. Mono pulled the lever, a small hey came from Six, as she had just gotten out from behind the blinds.

Sure enough, there was a key inside the bear, what the hell? Who puts a key in a teddy bear? Mono flips the lever again, turning off the machine. Six grabs the bear and walks into the elevator, waiting on us, or, just me. The door shut in Mono's face as me and Six descended downwards. The doors open and Six moves towards an incinerator looking thing.

"That was rude Six", I said as I stepped out, hearing the elevator go back up for Mono. "It wasn't my fault, the door closed on its own", I could hear the mischievous tone in her voice, I rolled my eyes. The elevator came back down and Mono hopped out grabbing my hand. He was slightly trembling.

Six threw the bear into the incinerator, closing the door. As she flicked the lever it came to life, flames dancing around, most definitely reducing that poor bear to ash. The flames stopped and Six threw the door open, she tried to jump in but I grabbed her hood. "I can get it", I reached in the still hot incinerator, feeling for the metal key. I felt the hot metal, it seared into my skin, but I still grabbed it. Maneuvering quickly I grabbed the key with the fabric of my clothes, though it didn't do much.

I hissed," I can hold it Y/n", Mono said, sounding worried. "I got it", walking into the elevator, the key finally starting to cool down to room temperature, little feet followed me into the elevator. Silence engulfed the room except for the squeaks and groans of the elevator.

The door opened and we walked up the stairs, I shoved the key into the nearest lock I could find and it opened, the metal squeaking. I walked in, there was two doors, one with a window and a slot for things to go in and out of the room, and the other, bars as the door and a dark hallway just behind. What the hell?

I tried to move into the bars, but it was no use. "We can fit threw there Y/n", Mono's voice echoed. "No way in hell, we don't know what's in there, it's not safe", I looked to Mono, he had grabbed Six's hand, gripping it tightly. "Nothing about this place is safe, we'll be okay", I sighed," your right, but still-".

Six rushed past me behind the bars,"Six! Get your ass back here!", more feet pattered past me behind the bars, "Mono! Not you too, this isn't safe, we can find a different way", frustration and worry caused a headache. "We'll be fine! Won't we Six?", Mono gripped Six's hand tightly, she flinched at his tone. "Yeah, we'll be fine Y/n, this is the quickest way". I sighed,"okay, okay, just keep each other safe", I sat on the floor, putting my hand threw the bars to pat their heads.

"We'll be back in just a minute!", Mono waved to me, still tightly gripping Six's hand while pulling out his flashlight as they disappeared into the dark, istg if something happens to them I'm gonna kill them.

The new book cover is awful but at least I tried 🥲 Also I forgot to put in the scene where Mono gets the flashlight, so just act like he got it sometime when Y/n wasn't w him please 😁

876 words