Chapter 13

Just a small filler chapter :)

The elevator tinged and the doors opened,"let me check it out first", I heard a small 'tsk' from Six when I walked out with them following close behind. I searched up and down the room, only finding dust and some dead bugs.

"Alright, everything's clear", I swept a little area for us to sit. I sat down with a thud, Mono moved my legs to where he could sit between them and took his mask off. I rubbed his head tenderly as he leaned into me.

I patted the floor next to me for Six to sit, she carefully walked over, sitting next to me uncomfortably. I started to dose when she spoke,"Y/n?", I looked over at her, still stroking Monos head as he already had fallen asleep.

"Yeah Six?", she stared down at her feet. "Do you- uhm", she worked up the courage to go on. "Do you think we'll be okay?", I looked down at her. "Yes", she glanced up at me, trying her best to look me in the eye as she fiddled with her coat.

"How do you know?", I pondered her question thoughtfully, how did I know? ,"I cant predict the future, or tell you everything will be okay, but I know I will protect you until I don't have to anymore". She made eye contact with me with a searching look on her face," what if you always have to protect us?", I moved my hand and rubbed her head gently.

"Then I will", she broke eye contact with me and looked down to her feet again, this time, leaning over and resting her head comfortably under my arm as I pulled her closer. Her breaths came out softer and it seemed like I had said the right thing.

I closed my eyes, thinking back to the school. I thought about everything I've been through up until I met Mono, he really was my angel. I was going to spend the rest of my life protecting him and Six, I swore to repay him for what he did for me that day, even if I have to spend the rest of my life repaying him, I'll do it, because he showed me kindness, something I've never experienced, and for the first time, I finally had a purpose in this god forsaken world and damn anyone who tries to take it away.

407 words