Chapter 2

Heys besties, hope your having a wonderful day, if not have a chapter to cheer you up :)

Mono's POV

I walked through a long hallway, in hopes of finding that key. It was kinda hard to focus on finding that key, I just couldn't believe I made friends with a big person! Im glad they didn't eat me or squish me, Six is gonna be so excited! Six... that's right, I'll go find her as soon as I get that person out, and then we'll all escape together!

My feet padded down the hall as I was lost in thought, then I hear giggling from behind a door, I quickly make my way past it to the room at the end of the hallway. I silently slipped in the door to see a bunch of bullies in class with the teacher at the front.

I make my way past them, making sure to hide when the teacher turned around and made my way to a slightly cracked open door. I manage to squeeze through the gap and look around. There's the key! It sat right on top of a bookshelf, just waiting to be taken.

I start climbing up, the bookshelf groaned and started wobbling forwards. I jump off in terror as it falls to the ground with a loud thud. I hear the teacher screech from the other room with pounding footsteps. I grab the key hurriedly and rush under a couple of boxes.

The door bursts open to reveal an angry teacher, with her same stupid scary smirk she always has. She stretches her neck to look around, I grimace at the noise her neck makes. When she's done she slams the door shut and a vent pops open, lucky me! I crawl through the vent to go back into the classroom, hiding behind the cabinet door to peek around.

She's now walking around, intimidating the students with her gaze, sometimes smacking her ruler on the desk making the bullies jump in fright. I glare at her, thinking about when she hit my new friend over the head with it for no reason. I crouch, slowly making my way out while hiding when I need too.

I make it out of the room and wipe my sweat. At least I got the key. I start walking back but suddenly a blaring alarm rings through my ears, the school alarm. I start sprinting my way back to the room as I hear the door behind me burst open to giggling and screaming. I sprint faster until my legs start to hurt.

I can lock them out of the room that my friends in when I get back in, I can't let these bullies hurt them! I push myself even faster as the bullies screaming gets louder in frustration. I finally reach the door and hurriedly put the key in, twisting it and throwing the lock out of the way.

The door swings open and I see my friend, at first starring with a grin then immediately turning to rage seeing the bullies behinds me. I rush in and try to close the door. "Stay behind me", I hear them say, I look up at them in horror as they open the door further.

They rush out and start smashing the bullies with their feet, even picking a couple up and throwing them at walls. Some of them try to run, but it doesn't work as they grab a book and shatter them all easily.

The bullies were all shattered and glass was everywhere, some of it even stuck in the walls. They protected me? Oh no they probably got glass in their hands! Their heavy breathing was the only sound in the room as I rushed towards them.

"Are you hurt?! You don't have any glass in your hands, do you?!", they look down at me and get on their knees so I can look at their hands. They were all cut up and still bleeding. "Oh no, I'm so sorry! This is all my fault! I shouldn't have led them over to you, otherwise you wouldn't have been hurt", tears well up in my eyes as guilt fills me. I drop my gaze to the floor in shame. They stay silent for a minute while I start to sob, this is all my fault.

Two big hands grab mine and I sniffle. "It's not your fault kiddo, you came back for me and that's all that matters to me, just like you promised", they rubbed my hands gently to comfort me. I stopped crying and was now just sniffling. I looked up at them and starred at them, they gave me that same smile.

"So your not angry with me?", please don't leave me, they pull me closer into a hug and my face heats up as I slowly hug back. "Why would I be angry? You kept your promise after all", I try to get closer into the embrace, but fail. They notice and laugh quietly, pulling me closer. I was so tired, there were so many thoughts and feelings running through my brain and it was exhausting.

"So I never got your name", they broke the silence. I panic, what if they make fun of my name? I swallow and answer," my names Mono". I anxiously wait for a reply. "Mono huh? That's way cooler than my name", relief washes over me as I think about what they said as I fluster, THEY THINK MY NAMES COOL!

I suppress my unusual excitement and ask them the same,"so- what's your name then? Surely it's cooler than mine", I silently rejoice at me successfully hiding my giddiness. "Eh, not really, it's just Y/n, nothing special",
Oh but how special did it make Mono feel to know.

Y/n finally pulled Mono away from them so they could talk easier. "So Mono, whatcha doing in this old boarding school anyway?" I scratched the back of my neck. "Well me and Six came here after riding a door across the sea and fighting a monster, I even shot him! And then we climbed up this long rope made of bed sheets through a window cause we couldn't get around the school- And then we saw the teacher with her long, nasty, neck, and-",

"Wait- wait, whose this Six?", I freeze, I had totally forgotten about Six! "Oh! She's my best friend but she got captured by the bullies and I was on my way to rescue her when I met you", they nod," it was my fault she got captured, if I had just pushed harder in that locker I could've gotten to her. "I'm sure Six doesn't see it that way Mono, now c'mon! Let's go rescue Six".

I blush under my bag and nod as we start walking down the hallway. Yeah, let's go save Six!

Chapter end, hope you liked it, I was so excited to get this idea of mine out to y'all, you don't even know, anyway have a great ready of your day/night/evening :) again, make sure to correct me if I made a mistake, it's like 5 am rn and I could've missed one, sorry if I did :)

1210 words