Chapter 1

3 weeks later...

"1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Keep going! Come on
15
16
17
18
Almost there.. Come one push yourself!
19
Last one you got it.
20!"
I put the weight bar up and it's stand. "Good job." John said handing me my water bottle. I nodded.

"How you holdin up?" He asked sitting. "Trying not to think about it too much." I took a drink. "I can tell... we've been here for hours!" I shrugged and got up, going to the treadmill. I started running.

"You know you can always talk to me." John said standing in front of the treadmill facing me. I nodded. "Seriously!! Brit!" He stopped the machine forcing me to stand still. "John, I know you're worried. But what am I suppose to do?! I invest myself into someone else, who I actually care for, I trust them, introduce them to my family! All for it to end... what do you want me to tell you? That I'm trying not to cry every second of the day cause of Austin? And reading all the tweets about how hes now engaged after a week! That it crushes me to see how some of hes fans are happy we're not together. Sorry if I'm not really up for talking and being in the gym makes me forget all these feelings.." I turned and walked to the ropes.

I heard john sigh before following. "I'm heading home." I ignored him as he walked off.
I set the ropes down and took a short water break. Replaying last week in my head...

(Flashback)

I pulled up to Austin's place in Orange County. I parked and went to the door. I knocked.
"Hey!" Austin greeted. I smiled back at him. He moved aside for me to walk in. "So, what's so urgent that you need to tell me?"

He led us to his living room. "I actually wanted to talk.." he motioned for me to sit. "About?" I asked. He sat on the coffee table in front of me. He grabbed my hands and looked down. "Look, there's no easy way to say this.. but lady night I ran into Pamela." He looked up at me. "Your ex?" He nodded. "Okay..?" "We ended up having dinner and talking..". "Okay... you had dinner. So what?"

He gave me a look. "We started talking about me and her and... well she wants to get back together...". "You said no though right?" He looked down. "Right?" I asked again. No answer...
I started to pull my hands away from his grip. "I'm sorry! But we got to talking and... I really miss her. And I didn't think things with you would last as long as they did. I'm not saying it was nothing. Yes, I care about you. A lot actually. I just didn't expect to. But I realized last night that... I still love her... always have. And I want things to work with her. I really do! She's... My soul mate..
I hate that I've let this go on so long. Like I said, I didn't expect to care about you so much. I'm so sorry. It's killing me having to tell you all this. It really is. I wish it didn't have to be like this. But she's my everything... And I've gotta make it work with her. I hope you can understand that."

I looked down at my hands. Tears finding their way down my cheeks. "Please look at me...." Austin said lifting my chin. "I'm truly sorry." I nodded. He wiped the falling years away with his thumb. Which only made them come faster.... He got up and sat beside me on the couch, pulling me into his chest as I cried.

.

.

.

.
..

.

.
"Helloooooooo earth to brittany!!!" A voice said pulling me away from my thoughts. "What?" I looked up. Rome stood smiling at me. "You okay?" I nodded. "Ya, ya just about toeave.." "How long have you been here?" I looked at the clock. "Since 12." "It's 5!" "Right. That's why I'm leaving." "Who works out for 5 hours!?" I stood up and walked to my bag. I stuffed my things in it. "Hey, wanna get something to eat? you've gotta be starving." Rome asked beside me. "No thanks." "Come on! I never get to hang with you anymore!" I turned to leave. Rome blocked me. "Please! Prettttyyyy pleasseeeeeee" he started puppy dog eyeing. "Fine.. Where to?" "Yes!! Okay. This way."

We went out to eat. Then Rome drove me back to Johns, who has some house guest over... "Want me to walk you in?" I shook my head. "Nah. Thanks for dinner though. I needed it." He smiled. "Anytime. I'm always here to cheer you up!" I looked through my bag for my keys. "Fuck..." "What?" "My keys are in johns bag." "Okay. And?" "Nothing... thanks again Rome." I opened the door. "Your welcome." I got out and closed the door behind me. He drove away as I walked up to the door. Music blaring.

I knocked. The door swung open. "Hey!!!" Dre yelled. Great... I have a faint smiled and walked in. All the EST guys and some of Johns other friends piled in the place. "Wheres John?" Dre pointed to the kitchen. I looked to the side of the door, my keys hanging from the key rack. I grabbed them and went to the door to my place "hey brit!" John yelled from the kitchen. I waved and walked straight to my place.

I got to my house and opened the front door, walking Ing. I dropped my bag and made my way to the couch and plopped down turning on the tv.

There was a knock at my door. I got up and to answer it. I looked out the peep hole. Slim. I unlocked and opened the door. "Yes?" "Gosh... don't gotta be so harsh! Just came to see you. You ran over here like a mad man!" "Just didn't want to talk to any of them." He nodded. "Even me?" "Slim. I'm not really up for talking anymore." "Hey, it's just me. Remember. Slimmy! I miss you, I just wanna hang." "I'm-" "Yo! Britt! Come chill with us!!" Kells yelled from the back door of johns. "I'm good." I yelled back. "Come on!! I know you could use a drink! I got your favorite!!" "I'm not up for drinking, thanks anyway." He gave a puzzled look. "You okay?" "Would everyone stop asking that," I mumbled to my self. But I'm sure slim heard. "Ya, I'm fine. Just heading to bed." "It's 8!" He ran over and stood by slim. "I just really want to go to bed. It's been a long week.." "Yea.. john said you've been a gym rat lately. Wanna talk about it?" "Talk? When do you ever talk? Or care if I'm okay?" I snapped at him. "Wow... hey. I didn't-" I shook my head. "I'm going to bed. It was good seeing you two." "Wait-" I closed the door.

They continued to knock as I turned off the tv and went to my room. I showered quickly and put on my pjs. I plugged up my phone and laid in bed.