2

MILLIES POV

"Oh my goodness, you both look stunning," Mum told Mione and I hastily, as she hurried past us with a bowl of nuts to lay onto the table; it would've been crisps if it hadn't been for Dad's stomach.

"I literally love her," breathed Mione, staring after Mum in awe. I rolled my eyes, but couldn't prevent a small smile from escaping onto my lips.

"You better hurry up, girls!" I heard Dad shout from the kitchen. "They should be arriving any minute now!"

"Oh, shit..." I mumbled, glancing in the mirror on the wall.

"What's wrong?" Mione asked, also staring at her reflection, combing her hair through with her fingers.

"S'nothing," I muttered, sending her an unconvincing smile in the mirror; I couldn't help but feel slightly nervous to see Harry.

Nervous was an understatement.

I actually felt slightly sick - but that was normal, right? - I hadn't seen him in weeks, so it was completely understandable to be feeling like this...

...right?

Wrong.

"Ugh, Mione..." I groaned, resting my head on her shoulder.

She laughed, patting me on my back. "Ready to tell me what's really wrong, now-?"

But there was a sudden loud BANG, followed by lots of voices.

Mione and I exchanged a wide-eyed look, before we both simply nodded at each other and turned just in time to see Mum hurrying back inside.

"Ready to see Harry, Millie?" she asked playfully, and I sent her such a cold look that even she dropped it. The voices in the kitchen were growing progressively louder as everyone arrived, and Mum glanced at the door to the kitchen, beaming. "Let's hope they like Remus' burger recipe, eh?" she said, sending us a quick wink, before disappearing into the room.

"Ready?" said Mione shakily, giving my hand a quick squeeze.

I looked at her for a second, before bursting out laughing.

"Why are we nervous?" I whispered, which set Mione off into a fit of giggles, too.

"Do you know what Lyra would say if she was here?" she spluttered, placing her hand on her forehead. "'Stop being pussies and get your sexy backsides in there'."

"No she wouldn't," I whispered, talking a deep breath to calm myself down, "she wouldn't be talking at all. She'd be in the closet snogging Fred."

"She would!" Mione agreed, flinging her head back, still chuckling. She then straightened up, suddenly looking very serious. "Right, come on."

"Okay, you go first."

"No, you."

"No, you."

"Please, Millie."

"Please."

"I can't."

"Neither can I."

"Together?"

"Agreed."

So with one last nervous smile, we made our way into the loud kitchen.

"Hi - ouch!"

I looked down to see Fred sprawled out on the floor, clearly having fallen over on the way out of the fireplace.

"Sorry," I said amusingly, trying not to laugh as I held out my hand and helped him up. "Well? Did Dudley eat it?"