3

MILLIES POV

I finally managed to get out of the kitchen and into the hallway. I turned left and walked down the corridor to get to the bathroom, but found when I got there that it was locked.

"Fuck sake..." I mumbled, grumpily leaning my back against the wall. "Watch Harry be in there and then I make myself look like a bloody idiot again-"

The door unlocked suddenly and I straightened up, watching it expectantly. To my utter relief, Ginny walked out, closing the door behind her.

"Oh, thank Merlin..." I breathed, before I could stop myself. Ginny sent me a confused look, so I quickly said, "er - hi, Ginny!"

But she only smiled, then attempted to push past me.

"Woah, Gin!" I said, stepping in front of her so she couldn't leave. "Why are you acting like this? Have I done something?"

"Done something?" she repeated, glaring at me. "You haven't spoken to me in months!"

I stared at her. "What?"

"Ever since you started dating Harry, we haven't been close at all," said Ginny firmly, her eyebrows furrowed. "We used to speak loads, but then it was like you completely forgot me!"

A wave of guilt flooded over me at her words when I realised she was right, and that we hadn't spoken properly in a while.

"I'm so sorry, Ginny," I said softly, frowning. "I didn't even realise-"

"Well that makes me feel loads better," she scoffed, shaking her head and looking away from me.

"No!" I said quickly, grabbing her arm to stop her walking away. "I didn't mean it like that! I meant - listen-" I sighed, and it was my turn to look away from her. "It's not been all pixies and fairies with Harry. There was quite a bit of drama last year, and I was in the middle of most of it. So, Gin, please don't think I was ignoring you or anything, because I really didn't mean to. I miss our chats loads. I'm really sorry..."

I looked at her expectantly, and was relieved to see her smiling warmly.

"It's funny," she muttered, tilting her head.

"What is?"

"Most of our chats were me raving about Harry and you saying how much of a dickhead he is," said Ginny, laughing, "and now look."

"Ahhhh..." I said through gritted teeth, mainly due to the smile I had forced onto my face. "Yeah...do you still like him?" I asked curiously, before I could stop myself. "It's just - I remember you saying, and - I won't be annoyed or anything, obviously...half the bloody school likes him..."

Ginny laughed, flicking a strand of her red hair over her shoulder. I suddenly noticed how much the girl had physically changed over the summer; she was nearly as tall as me, her hair had grown longer, and she looked a lot older than she did last year. She was definitely going to get quite a few people falling for her this year at school.

"Honestly, Millie," she said slowly, sending me a sheepish smile, "I'm not really sure. It's like, when I'm around him I do, but then obviously we aren't that close, so I don't see him a lot. I really liked him for a good couple of years, but recently, I think I might be moving on." She shrugged, grinning at me. "But I'm not going to lie to you, Millie, when he first arrived at ours earlier, I can't deny it - he looks hot. But obviously I won't try anything with him because he's with you, and it's very clear he's not going anywhere."

"Really?" I croaked, before quickly adding, "I don't blame you, Gin. He is hot," I said, finding it quite refreshing to talk to someone who knew nothing about how I was actually supposed to be 'just friends' with him. "Merlin, when I first saw him I forgot how to speak."