13

MILLIES POV

"...and did you see Troy's goal! That first one was wicked...!"

"...nah, Moran's was way better, I've never seen anything like it...!"

"...Levski's passes carried the match, without him Bulgaria wouldn't have played the way they did...!"

"...Quigley played dirty, how the bloody hell Krum managed to catch the snitch after that Bludger to the face is beyond me...!"

"...he was very brave, wasn't he? He looked a terrible mess..."

"...I knew you had a crush on him, Mione-!"

"Millie-!"

"...Lynch was so close to the Snitch, mind you, Ireland was gonna win either way..."

"...it was a close match, that's why - don't know why Krum caught the Snitch when he did - he ended it when Ireland were a hundred and sixty points ahead, the idiot...!"

"I'd pay good money to see you even attempt to catch the Snitch, Ron, so shut up...!"

"...he knew they were never going to catch up, the Irish Chasers were too good, he wanted to end it on his terms, that's all...!"

"...they'll be talking about this one for years! A really unexpected twist, that! Shame it couldn't have lasted longer...!"

"...don't tell your mother you've been gambling...!"

These was just some of the things our group were shouting to each other over all the noise as we slowly made our way down the purple-carpeted stairs after the match. It had been one of the most amazing things I had ever witnessed, Quidditch as I had never seen it played before. The speed of the players had been so incredible - the Chasers had been throwing the Quaffle to each other so fast that Ludo Bagman had only had time to say their names - I couldn't wait to get back to Hogwarts and try out some of the skills myself-

"I can't wait to try some of those flip things at school," said Harry excitedly, making me look at him and grin. "What's that skill that Troy did?"

"Oh, you mean this one?" Ron did a weird jump thing, stumbled slightly, then began wildly waving his hands.

"Yeah, that one...!" Harry exclaimed, nodding and continuing to ramble about how cool it was. I exchanged an amused look with Mione - from Ron's shocking demonstration, it was unclear to me how the bloody hell Harry had remembered the move - clearly that's why they were best friends. "...Mills, you have to use that one this year against the Slytherins," Harry insisted, slamming his fist into his other palm. "With your talent and that skill, they've got no chance stopping you scoring..."

"I have to agree with you on that one, mini Potter," Dad intervened, reaching out and ruffling both Harry and I's hair. I pushed him away laughing, making me stumble into Harry, who placed his hands on my back and quickly retrieved them when Dad's eyes flicked to him. "But perhaps not this year-"

"Jake!" Percy hissed, making Dad grin teasingly, Mr Weasley wink at him, and the rest of us look at each other in interest.

We were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. Raucous singing was borne between everyone on the night air as we retraced our steps along the lantern-lit path, the light summer breeze causing my hair to dance slightly along with us. Leprechauns kept shooting over my head, cackling and waving their lanterns, while people's dogs chased merrily after them.

"Merlin, I'm glad I'm not on duty tonight," said Dad, letting out a happy sigh as we reached the tents. "Well, I'm gonna love you and leave you all," he added, beaming around at everyone with his left hand on the entrance to the tent.