17

MILLIES POV

The air danced with excitement when I awoke on the morning of the 1st of September. Heavy rain was splattering against my bedroom window as I got dressed into a tracksuit; I would change into my school robes on the Hogwarts Express.

I was just brushing my hair when the door opened and Mione's head appeared, her smile wide. She'd stayed round mine for the last week of Summer, which had been spent mainly playing Quidditch and spending hours upon hours in the pool. This morning was the first time it had rained all summer; typical, being the day we returned to Hogwarts.

"Morning, sunshine," she said brightly, to which I grinned. "You ready?"

"Nearly," I answered, kicking my bedside drawer shut with my foot, then swivelling round to her. "Okay, ready."

"I think we should set each other a challenge we have to complete by the end of this year," she said smartly, as we made our way across the landing. "That way we both have something to work towards."

"Ew," I said, raising my eyebrows and snorting. However, upon seeing Mione's serious expression, quickly added, "Okay, but you can't make mine academic."

"You can't make mine academic either," she said mischievously, to which I looked at her, my eyes lighting up with interest. She giggled, nudging my arm with hers. "I know that look of yours, you can't make it impossible!"

"I won't!" I promised, linking my pinky finger through hers and shaking it. "Give me one second to think..."

"I've already got yours," she said instantly, grabbing my shoulders and forcing me to look at her.

"Er - go on then," I said, raising my eyebrows again.

Mione smiled. "It's simple - you have to move on."

"Move on?" I repeated, tilting my head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Find someone new," she said, in a matter-of-fact voice. "Fall for someone as hard as you fell for Harry - someone who's not Harry," she finished quickly, shaking her head.

I stared at her for a small second, before saying, "Okay." I shrugged her off, fiddling with a strand of my hair. "But you'll have to help me find someone. Maybe someone older-"

Mione shook her head. "Don't be ridiculous, Millie-'

"Well, I can't go for someone younger-'

'Yes, definitely not-'

"Who in our yeah, though?" I said, scanning my brain. "Ron? Get with Harry's best friend?"

"You can't go for Ron!" she blurted, laughing.

"Why not?" I asked, pretending to act dumb - obviously I would never go for Ron.

"Because - because he's like a brother to you," she lied terribly, avoiding my knowing eyes. "It would be weird..."

"Nice save," I whispered teasingly, smirking. Mione rolled her eyes, but there was no mistaking the blush that appeared on her cheeks. "Well, I've got yours now," I said happily, my smirk only growing.

She narrowed her eyes. "Be careful what you say, Millie Donovan."

My smirk transformed into a grin. "Your challenge is to have your first kiss by the end of this year."