6

MILLIES POV

We trudged further and further, the twins and I leading the way and talking about ideas for their Joke shop. The sky lightened very slowly as we made our way through the village, it's inky blackness diluting to the deepest blue. My hands and feet were freezing, and by the time we reached Stoatshead Hill, neither Fred, George or I were talking because our teeth were chattering so much.

"Feorge," I breathed, bumping into both of them to get their attention.

"C-can't talk," Fred stuttered, his hood pulled so far over his face I could only see his eyes.

"I can't w-walk up that h-hill," came George's muffled voice, jumping up and down slightly to keep warm.

"Why is it so c-cold?" I muttered, staring gloomily up at the massive hill in front of us.

"It's because it's so early in the morning," said Mr Weasley suddenly, appearing behind the three of us. "The weather'll warm up soon."

"Dad, I can't ph-physically climb that hill," George whined, dramatically flinging his head back and groaning.

"'Course you can, George," said Mr Weasley brightly, waving a hand dismissively. "Follow me everyone, not long now..."

The twins reluctantly followed Mr Weasley and started up the hill. I didn't move. Instead, I began mentally preparing myself, while muttering complaints under my breath.

"...I can't feel my feet, how the bloody hell am I supposed to walk up a fucking hill-"

Someone brushed past my shoulder, and I knew who it was before I even looked; Harry kept walking, shoving his hands in his pockets as he turned around to look at me, beginning his climb up the hill.

"What's this hill ever done to you?" he said, frowning and blowing a kiss to the grass.

I grimaced, ignoring his action completely and saying, "Don't think we're going to ignore the fact that you definitely just ran from the others to walk with me."

Harry stopped, rolling his eyes. "Don't flatter yourself-"

"Already have."

"-I did not run-"

"Okay, jogged then."

"-I power walked-"

I laughed, wrinkling my nose. "That's way worse, Harry."

"-and anyway, I didn't want to walk with you specifically-"

I clutched my heart over my jumper, pretending his comment had really hurt me. "Ouch."

"-I wanted to walk with Mr Weasley to ask him..." Harry paused, keeping his eyes fixed on me as they narrowed. "-doesn't matter."

"Ask him what?" I said slowly, tilting my head.

"I said it doesn't matter," he mumbled, moving his gaze to the grass and swinging his foot lazily.

"Clearly it does," I said, raising my eyebrows in amusement, "otherwise you wouldn't be crying about it."

"I'm not crying," he snapped, his green eyes flicking back up to me again. "You'll one thousand percent make fun of me for it, that's all..."