29

TW: vomiting

-

MILLIES POV:

I had never seen the Hufflepuff common room so packed in my life, having been in here a few times before with Elwood; Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang students were everywhere, dancing, drinking, talking, singing loudly - dormitory doors were hanging wide open, with people walking freely in and out of them, some laying on the tables and sofas, hanging around the stairs and kissing drunkly. 'Play That Funky Music' by Wild Cherry was blasting through apparently invisible speakers, the song equally as loud everywhere in the common room...

It was amazing.

"This is my type of party," Lyra breathed in satisfaction, taking in the bright atmosphere. The three of us girls were sat on top of a table that was apparently supposed to be used to study on, with at least five books left carelessly open, our legs dangling over the edge in comfort.

"Mmm," Mione hummed in slight disapproval as I nodded contently, wrinkling her nose at a couple of sixth-years in a corner, who were kissing very passionately. "You'd think people would at a least have the decency to find somewhere private, though."

Lyra snorted. "Just think, Mione, if that was you and Ron, you wouldn't want to wait-"

"Shut up, Lyra! What about Fred?"

"Exactly, I would kiss that boy in front of the Minister of Magic himself if I got the chance..."

"Imagine you both end up marrying a Weasley man," I hinted, my mouth curving into a smirk similar to one of Harry's.

"Absolutely not," Mione snapped, glaring at a taller boy who had accidentally knocked into the table as he passed, stumbling away drunkly. "And Ron's not a man. He doesn't act like one, anyway."

'True," said Lyra, nodding in agreement to her last words.

"Ron can be mature sometimes," I defended him, in an amused voice.

"Oh really?" Mione's knowing smile grew. "Look at him."

Mione gestured nearby, where I could vaguely make out Ron's red-hair in the crowd; our friend was apparently trying to balance a bottle cap on his nose as though he was a dog. Then, upon failing every-time, he grabbed it, attempted to lob it into the nearest bin in frustration, but missed by a mile, stomping his foot in annoyance like a toddler having a tantrum...

Once the three of us had controlled ourselves from laughing at the oblivious boy, Mione managed to splutter, "Once he learns to grow up, then-"

"-Then you'll get with him," Lyra confirmed excitedly, causing the girl to roll her eyes, but smile secretively nevertheless. "Perfect!"

"He's definitely trying to impress the Beauxbatons girls, anyway," she hummed, though with a slight hint of amusement in her voice as her brown eyes followed the boy's movements.

I snorted, mumbling to myself, "Trying to impress Krum, more like."

"They made it then?" Lyra asked absentmindedly, winking at a group of random fifth-year boys glancing our way, all of whom grinned charmingly back.

"Made it?" I questioned, quite loudly considering upbeat music was blaring all through the common room.

"Loads of them were making a massive deal about potentially 'missing the party', in the corridor this morning, because they had to go to Hogsmeade," Mione explained, leaning comfortably back on her arms. "They only just got back an hour ago."

Trying to hide my visible disappointment, I nodded, in a weak attempt to act casual; she had just confirmed that Harry had been right, and that Tarek must've either been lying, or had just not realised they were going to Hogsmeade. Deciding on the second option for now, so as not to ruin my night, despite the repeated wondering as to why they students may have stayed behind just to get a tour from a boy that had just joined Hogwarts himself, I shook the worry from my mind, returning my attention to my best friends as the noises from the party began fading back into my hearing.