24

MILLIE'S POV

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT
The Deglagations From Beauxbatons And Durmstrang Will Be Arriving At 6 O'Clock On Friday 30th Of October. Lessons Will End Half An Hour Early. Students Will Return Their Bags And Books To Their Dormitories And Assemble In Front Of The Castle T0 Greet Our Guests Before The Welcoming Feast.

This was the sign that had been erected in the Entrance Hall, surrounded by a large crowd of students who had congregated around it excitedly. This included Harry and I, who had managed to push our way to the front and were now reading it nosily.

"Yes!" Harry yelled, punching the air joyfully. I returned it with a wide-eyed judgemental look, and he groaned at my obliviousness. "Mills, we have Potions last thing on Friday. That's half an hour less time with Snape!"

"Ah, yes!" I cheered upon remembering, high-fiving the grinning boy as he held his palm up triumphantly. "Wow, you've actually looked at your timetable, H, I'm impressed-"

"Only a week away!" came Ernie Macmillan's voice, appearing between Harry and I and beaming at the sign. "I wonder if Cedric knows? Think I'll go tell him..."

"Cedric?" I repeated blankly, furrowing my eyebrows as I watched Ernie hurry off.

"Diggory," said Harry, staring after him as well and shrugging. "Dunno why Macmillan wants to tell him so bad..."

"He must be entering the Tournament," I said interestedly, grabbing the end of the boy's school-tie and beginning to lead him through the crowd. "I wonder who els-?"

"That idiot, Hogwarts Champion?" Harry interrupted me, scoffing disbelievingly as he met my cold look with a smirk. "What's he gonna do, smile at the judges?"

"He's not an idiot," I said, thinking 'smiling at the judges' was a bit rich coming from him, and rolling my eyes as he scoffed for a second time, "you just don't like him because he beat us at Quidditch and you're a sore loser."

"I am not a sore loser!" Harry argued, stopping in the middle of the crowd and crossing his arms stubbornly. I snorted at his childish behaviour, turning back round and watching with an amused expression. "I'm just being truthful, and sometimes the truth hurts. We've done loads of dangerous stuff, we could do better than him!"

"Well, if you're so confident why don't you enter," I suggested mockingly, copying his actions and crossing my arms, staring up at him expectantly.

"I bloody would if it wasn't for the age restriction, remember?" he said grudgingly, shaking his head in disagreement. "Especially if it meant we didn't have to have pretty boy as our champion!"

"Says you!" I laughed, prodding his chest with my finger.

"Yes, says me," he said firmly, fluffing his hair up as he leant closer to me, the left side of his mouth being tugged into a lop-sided smile, and I could see the joke he was about to make from three miles away. "Are you calling me pretty?"

"Oh, shut up, you bore-"

"Mills, remember that bet we made of setting each other up?" Harry asked randomly, the words tumbling from his mouth as he glanced at something over my shoulder. I didn't even have time to answer before he'd placed both his hands on my forearms, his green eyes now flicking to some other unknown thing behind me, saying, "Well, look over there, blonde hair, Slytherin, let's go..." And my hand was pulled into his as he began guiding me in the direction of a fifth-year Slytherin boy who was stood nearby, not even caring about the multiple fan girls of his that shot us cold looks. I raised my eyebrows, knowing something was up immediately as Harry Potter would never try and set me up with a Slytherin, especially after Theo Nott.