Chapter 10

A few hours went by and Loki told you about his magic and how he used it

A few hours went by and Loki told you about his magic and how he used it. At the end of the session, you could successfully make a ball of black mist appear and disappear in your hand without getting a nosebleed. You were rather impressed with yourself.

You glanced at the clock.

Four, I need to start getting ready soon.

Then shall we stop?

That wasn't your voice!  You looked at Loki who had a mischievous grin plastered on his face.

"How did you do that?".

"You let me into your mind, now I can talk to you if I need to" He laughed.

"Oh, yeah" You stood up and rubbed your hands together to get rid of the residue from your black mist, which faded in to the air the moment it no longer had contact with your skin. "Thank you for helping me" you smiled.

 "It was actually rather fun" He smiled back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dress on, make up done, hair in place you looked in the mirror. You felt good for once and a new found confidence engulfed your persona. Looking in the mirror one last time, you made your way to the kitchen.

You felt the whole room fall silent at your entry.

"Where have you been hiding this?" Bucky laughed.

"Y/N, you look great" Nat said as she darted a dirty look towards Bucky.

"You scrub up well Kid" Tony said from behind you.

"Thank you" You replied.

"Guest will start arriving any minute, everyone on your best behaviour" Tony said as Loki entered the room in a full black suit. "Cutting it fine Reindeer games".

"You're lucky I even showed up" Loki growled but when his eyes fell on you and his expression relaxed slightly.

Hello Loki.

Hello Y/N, you look very nice his evening.

Thank you, likewise.

You performed a small curtsy in the direction of Loki who nodded back at you.

"Lady Y/N, what are you doing?" Thor tapped you on the shoulder.

"Oh, nothing Thor, don't worry".

 "Mortals are very odd" he mumbled as he walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours in to the party and everything was running smoothly according to Tony. Him and Pepper seemed to take it in turns accompanying you around the tower, introducing you to various guests who were quite keen on how you came to live there. Tony and Pepper made a little white lie of how you met them. The longer you were being escorted around the more you wanted to disappear and find Loki. Why did he have such a hold over you? It was infuriating.

"Here" Nat brushed up beside you handing you a full Champaign flute. The drink was much needed as you barely got any time to yourself to grab one. "I can see that you are getting bored" Nat continued.

"Does it look that obvious?" You whispered back to her.

"I can help you blend in better; I am technically a spy" She let a small giggle before turning to Tony. "Do you mind if I take Y/N off your hands for a bit?" She asked.

"Yes, yes go, have fun. But don't do anything I wouldn't do" and with that Nat dragged you to the bar where she pulled out a seat for you. 

"So, what's your secret L/N?" She asked you while squinting her eyes.

"What do you mean?" You were confused by Nat's question, where you in trouble? Your heart began beating faster.

"With Loki I mean. How did you get him to talk? He's barley said a word to the rest of the team but with you, well you got almost a full convocation out of him" Her expression relaxed as did your heart beat.

"It's called being friendly Nat, ever heard of it" You both giggled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was two in the morning when you finally escaped the party, and you were dying to take your heels off and the full face of makeup which you wore. You collapsed on your bed and removed your heels from your sore feet, the whole time thinking about Loki. You had hardly saw him all night. What you didn't know was that he saw you. He was keeping an eye on you from a distance, unable to stop looking. You intrigued him, the unknown magic that you possessed was sending his mind into overdrive.