Chapter 38

Once you had successfully reached the Bifrost you had to convince Heimdall to let you through. He was not allowed to commit treason against his king and so offered to leave the sword unattended. Thor opened the Bifrost and you were quickly beamed back to earth. You had never been more relived in your life. The sights of busy New York suddenly didn't look so bad and the noise no longer annoyed you.

Entering the Avengers tower you vowed to never take them for granted, they loved you like family and you would be forever grateful for that. It was at that moment you realised how alone Loki truly was. His biological parents abandoned him, Odin took him as a bargain chip and never really apricated him, the team weren't overly fond of him either. The only three people he had in the universe were you, Thor and Frigga. The only people that loved him for who he was, the only people that took him at face value, the only people that excepted his floors and genially cared about him. It broke your heart to have thought that.

Loki went straight to his room, no word was spoken to anyone. Thor nodded at you to follow him and you did, leaving him to talk to the others.

Entering Loki's room was a normal thing for you but at that moment it felt like the first time again. He was changed, raw, dark emotion swelled inside him. You could feel it, the darkness that consumed him, the pain and rage. There was also guilt however, you failed to pick up on that. Guilt that he had taken you there.

"Loki?" You spoke quietly as not to startle him.

"I am in no mood to talk little one" He sounded different. Not like the other times he had been angry or sad.

"Don't talk then" You walked over to him and wrapped your arms around him. You stood behind him trying to comfort him with your embrace.

A couple of minutes passed and he turned to hug you back. You buried your face in to his chest and you could feel warm droplets on your head. He was crying. Anger brewed inside you, you wanted to go back and tell Odin exactly what you thought.

But you couldn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night you slept by Loki's side, listening to his mummers. Nightmares plagued his mind and every now and then he would wake up screaming, covered in sweat. You hardly slept at all, scared to rest and leave him suffering. So, instead you stayed awake watching over him.

The next morning you were exhausted and so Loki watched over you as you slept for a couple of hours in his lap. He didn't want to leave his room, he became closed off again. He hardly spoke, ate or slept over the next week. He withdrew from the world, the only person he would let see him was you and even then he would hardly talk.

"Loki, you have to leave your room at some point" You finally said to him, you couldn't watch him destroy himself anymore. He stared at you not saying anything. You let out a sigh. "Please" You tried to place a hand on his thigh but he pushed it away before going to stand by the window. "Loki".

"Why haven't you left me yet? Why are you still around?" He sounded so bitter and cold.

"Because I love you".

"Love... who could ever love me" He was dipping back into self loathing again. A place you tried so hard to get him out of.

"I do, Thor does...".

"Thor doesn't love me" He snapped.

"He does Loki, trust me". He fell silent. "Please leave this room, at least come for a walk with me" You begged. You could see him thinking.

"Fine, but not for long" You had won, finally. It was a small victory, but if you had to do it in baby steps that's better than nothing.

 It was a small victory, but if you had to do it in baby steps that's better than nothing

I couldn't think of a photo to use so here is just a nice gif of Tom ❤😁