Chapter 11

The next day you met Loki down in the training room, as he had promised to teach you how to throw the mist spheres that you could conjure in your palm

"Now concentrate and feel the energy flow through your arms and push it away from you when you are ready to release the ball" Loki took a few steps backwards and allowed you time to compose yourself. You formed a blacked smoke ball in your palms and watched the speckles of glitter dance inside the shape. With a large inhale and exhale of breath you focused on the mannequin that Loki had placed in front of you. Slowly you moved your stance backwards your arms following and pushed the collection of mist towards the awaiting target.

The mannequin went up in flames and you used your arm to shelter your eyes from the light of the flickering mess.

"I don't know what I was expecting to happen, but it wasn't that" you said as you collapsed to the floor out of breath.

"That was most impressive, Lady Y/N" Loki said as he sat down next to you.

"Please just call me Y/N, its much quicker".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You perched on the edge of the couch reaching for one of your books which littered the living room table. The Avengers had to go out for a mission and once again only yourself and Loki remained in the tower. You enjoyed reading in front of the massive windows which allowed you to peer over New York, you were so high up that it looked like everything was minuscule and an ironic calmness fell on the city. No noise pollution could disturb your reading from up here, that's what you thought anyway.

"Mind if I join you? I desperately miss my books and your mortal rubbish will have to do instead" Loki took a seat opposite you and started flipping through the pages of one of the many books which belonged to you. "How do you read this pathetic nonsense" He grimaced.

You placed the book you were currently reading on your lap and sighed. "So much for a spot of quiet reading" Hints of sarcasm escaped in your sentence. "Jarvis play some quiet background music, would you?".

"Certainly, miss L/N" Soft classical music played as the lights around you dimmed slightly, the lamp next to you remained on its full setting allowing you to read.

"What is this?" Loki questioned.

"It's called classical music; it helps me read" You said as you picked up your book again and attempted to read further.

"We have similar music back in Asgard which we dance to at royal balls" He smiled and genuinely looked happy reminiscing.

"I never learned how to dance; we don't really have any balls here".

"Its easy, come here" Loki stood away from the sofa and held his arms out to you.

"You're joking right?".

"Not at all, I miss dancing and I'm incredibly bored" You hesitated, not leaving your spot before Loki walked over to you and presented his hand. You slowly reach out and take up his offer. He placed his hand softly on your waist, His other hand locked with yours, both your fingers entwined. You glided around the room, Loki as your guide leading you in a circle.

"You're acting a lot different from when I first met you" You finally spoke while dancing still. Loki tensed slightly at your remark.

"Yes, well sometimes one has to change or drop their defences slightly in order to become friends" He avoided eye contact with you.

"You want to be my friend?" You giggled and watched Loki's complexion redden.

"I don't like the Avengers and they don't like me but you were different and its always useful to have someone around that you can sometimes rely on" He voice was soft and he almost whispered the next part. "And I chose you" He said as you smiled.

"So, you should be grateful" He laughed trying to put up some defences again.

"Well, I'm honoured" You said looking deeply in to his eyes. You really couldn't help yourself; you were being drawn in. You don't think you could have stopped yourself even if you tried, but you didn't want to try. With no fight you leant towards Loki and planted a soft kiss on his lips. That instant you realised what you were doing and pulled away.

Bright red with embarrassment you held you hands to your mouth.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know why I did that" Was all you manged to say as you darted out of the living quarters and to the safety of your room.