Chapter 39

The walk did Loki good as when you finally arrived back at the tower instead of going to his room he joined the team on the couch. For days Tony had been offering him drinks to drown his sorrows and he had refused.

"If its all the same to you, I think I'll have that drink now" Loki slouched back at on couch talking to Tony.

"Finally something that I can agree with you on. Anyone else?" The team agreed that tonight would be a good night to get drunk. However, you didn't think it was wise for Loki to drink, not in his current mindset. But then again, you couldn't control him.

After many rounds of drinks a warm alcoholic buzz could be felt throughout your body. Loki had more to drink than anyone, he could handle a lot more than mortals. Thor and yourself could too. You had always wondered why you were able to drink so many people under the table and now you knew why. You weren't from earth and parents weren't human.

"How long were you and Loki sneaking behind our backs?" Nat giggled.

"Umm

"Umm... not too long a few weeks" You felt a slight tingle of embarrassment run through your body.

"I'm impressed, hiding from us for that long" Nat said again.

"I am the God of Lies" Loki mumbled.

The whole grouped laughed as his remark and that seemed to make him surprised. He wasn't used to people liking what he said. He let out a small smile and relaxed a little. That was the first time you had seen him loosen up in days, it was nice.

"Right everyone cough up" Bucky said aloud to the group. Clint, Nat and Steve each pulled out ten dollars from their pockets.

"What's going on?" You slurred.

"It would appear they made a bet on you" Tony said swirling the light brown liquid around his glass.

"You did what?".

"Steve, Clint and Nat all thought you had been with each other for longer than the video stark found. The rest of us bet it was after that kiss. I mean it was pretty obvious that you were embarrassed after kissing him" Bucky laughed.

"I thought it was because she remembered the cameras were there" Nat admitted.

"You guys are supposed to be by friends" You giggled.

"We are, which is why we have no guilt in doing what we did" Bucky pattered you on the shoulder.

You looked over to Loki who seemed to be deep in thought and made your way over to him.

"Are you alright?" You asked him.

"Yes thank you darling . My heads just doing over time. I keep overthinking things but I will get there eventually. Go have fun with your friends, I will be okay" He smiled at you and placed a delicate kiss on your forehead. That was the first public display of affection the two of you shared and it made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Although that feeling may have been the alcohol.

"Avengers assemble" Tony called out into the full room. "Oh, wait... we are all here" He said drunkenly. "We have a mission" He tripped slightly on the side of one of the couches.

"None of you are in a fit sate to go on a mission" Cap said. "Only Bucky, Vision and I aren't drunk" He said folding his arms. 

"Capsicle, I do believe you are correct" Tony hiccupped. "But they need all of us apparently, Hydra have been spotted in a warehouse just sixty miles from here". 
————————————————————————
In your drunk state you fumbled around your room looking for your suit. Once you had located it, you had to put it on. That was the hard part, you manged to slip your legs in to the holes but couldn't zip it up.

"Need some help?" Loki was sat of your bed laughing at you. You nodded and allowed him to zip you up. "You know, I imagined tonight going a little different. I would rather be unzipping your clothes not doing them up" You slapped his arm and rolled your eyes trying to focus on walking in a straight line.

Once in the kitchen the team were desperately trying to sober up. Nat and Clint were downing glass upon glass of water. Thor stood by an open window jamming loafs of bread into his month. Tony and Wanda were drinking coffee in which you joined in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The journey on the Quinjet made you feel queasy, but at least you had Loki by your side. Stark allowed him to come on this mission as you needed all the help you could get.

"Five minutes out" Cap called. Stretching you tried to focus but you still saw two of everything. The breeze hit you when emerging from the Quinjet which made you feel slightly better. Inside had been stuffy making it harder to think.

"Right Loki, Buck, and Clint head round the back. Y/N, Nat, Thor and Tony take the side door. Wanda and vison with me, we are going in the front. Banners staying in the Quinjet." You desperately didn't want to leave Loki's side but you knew why Cap had split you up, he wanted a sorcerer of some kind in each team.

With your vision blurred this mission was going to be difficult and you knew it. Entering the building hurt your eyes, going from almost pitch black to bright light took its toll and you were momentarily blinded. Squinting, you peered round a small empty room, nothing was here.

"That's odd" Nat said. She lowered her gun and Tony lowered his hands. Thor walked a couple of steps in front of you and slowly leant through a doorframe.

"Nothing in the corridors" He announced back to the three of you.

"Anyone see anything?" Tony said through the coms.

"Nothing to report" Cap said.

"Us either" Clint replied. How strange, you received a tip that a large gathering of Hydra agents would be here and nothing... it must be a...

"Trap!" You said aloud but it was too late. Four sliver objects were fired at the group of you. When it made contact with your skin you were out cold. Blackness absorbed you and there was nothing that could have been done, you were helpless.

An Ironman inspired drink for you all

An Ironman inspired drink for you all. Have fun.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤