Chapter 14

You didn't know whether to sit or stand, look him in the eye or look away, never mind how you were going to start the conversation

You didn't know whether to sit or stand, look him in the eye or look away, never mind how you were going to start the conversation. He perched on the edge of his bed and waited for you to start.

Taking a deep breath, you began. "I just wanted to say sorry about the other night, it was completely out of order and don't know what I was thinking. I am sorry if you don't trust me anymore, but you should. I will never let anything like that happen again, I promise. I really hope that we can still be friends" You didn't even take a breath trough the whole speech. Beads of sweat collected in little pools on your forehead and you felt woozy at what you had just spewed.

He nodded slowly but still said nothing. "Please say something" You begged.

With a sigh he said. "I was taken aback by your actions but not completely repelled by them. However, I think it best that we should just forget the whole ordeal". Your heart shattered but you also felt relieved at the fact he was willing to forget your childish outburst. "That has never been my forte and I just hurt anyone that I get close too" You felt incredibly sad at what Loki had just said, he just admitted to that he hasn't really been close to anyone before, but a glimpse of becoming friends crept in to your mind as he was being honest with you again.

"Loki, you don't have to hide anything from me, you can trust me" You tried to reassure him.

He bolted up as if something inside him had  just suddenly snapped. "Hide? I have to hide every day!" he shouted. "I'm a monster Y/N! Has that not sunken in yet. All the stories you have heard about me true, everything I have ever done has hurt someone one way or another" The pure anger of his voice resonated around the room, every syllable fuelled with self-hatred and the idea that every single ounce of his being was riddled with evil. You knew this was not the case however but trying to convince Loki in the state he was in right now would be almost impossible.

"Loki-" You tried to reassure him but he wasn't having any of it.

"I'm broken, you can't fix that. I'm a disease, everyone I ever loved knows this. My brother, My mother... My... Father" His eyes filled with tears and his eyebrows arched.

"I'm sure Odin- ".

"HE'S NOT MY FATHER!" You had never seen someone so full of anger and betrayal. He collapsed to the floor in pure rage. You slowly approached him and heard that he was sobbing into his own chest.

"Loki, I didn't mean to upset you" You apologised.

"You have no idea what its like. Being lied to, being used by someone you thought loved you".

"I do" You spoke softly. "I do know what its like, my parents... well not my parents, did the exact same thing to me" Gradually he lifted his head out of his arms as you knelt beside him.

"What?" His voice cracked.

"My parents work for hydra, they used me as cover" You felt a single tear drop roll down your face and fall to the floor. Loki reached for your hand and held it tight. A peaceful silence fell over the room before Loki broke it.

"Still at least you are no monster lady Y/N" he whispered.

"Neither are you Loki".

"You know not of what am I" More tears rolled down his flustered face, silently this time.

"I believe I have enough information to form my own judgment and I think that you are no monster Loki". Loki reached up to place a soft hand on your cheek and lent forward to meet your lips. He hesitated before making contact to look you in the eyes and then his lips settled on yours. This time no embarrassment filled your body because you knew that the both of you wanted it.