Chapter 16

The next few days passed and the urge you felt to run to Loki and wrap your arms around him every time he entered the room increased, day by day

The next few days passed and the urge you felt to run to Loki and wrap your arms around him every time he entered the room increased, day by day. You wanted to shout that he was yours, well he hadn't actually said he was yours and you were his, but you gathered that there was a mutual understanding that you weren't going to go round kissing other people. He had opened up to, someone who was closed off from the rest of the world confided in you, and that made you giddy.

In living room, sat on the couch you watched the small fire in front of you flicker and crack, memorised by the way it moved. The orange flames dancing gently and forming almost peaceful shapes. Tony and Pepper pottered in the kitchen making soothing rhythmic noises as they cooked. The clattering of pots and pans were music to your ears for once, you were finally happy where you were, knowing that you were finally home., in a place full of people you trusted and that you knew genuinely cared for you.

Tony set a large chicken in the centre of the table and the wafts of its succulent smell filled the room. Once all the Avengers, yourself and Loki had taken your seats at the dinner table you took it in turns to thank Pepper and Tony for the delightful Dinner.

"Anyone for wine?" Tony smirked unscrewing a white wine bottle. One by one glasses were filled and passed around the table with the team cheering one another. One glass of wine turned in to two and two into three until six wine bottles were polished off by yourself and the group. Then Tony offered his finest liquor to everyone. People started to become quite tipsy after a couple hours of drinking, yourself included. It seemed the only two people who weren't suffering as much as the rest of you were the two Gods.

"You call this alcohol?" Thor boomed. "Just you wait until I can get my hands on some Asgardian mead, then we can truly party" He laughed at the sight of the wobbling Avengers.

"So, tell me, Nat and Bruce have you stopped dancing around each other yet and finally done it?" Tony asked out of the blue to which Nat returned a 'one more word and I'll shoot you' look. Bruce, on the other hand, turned the brightest shade of red, giving you a run for your money when you had kissed Loki. Everyone was in hysterics, fits of laughter filled the room and you could feel the alcohol rush to your head.

"What about you Y/N, meet any fine gentleman while staying in the tower?" Tony directed his question at you. You immediately stopped laughing, it wasn't as funny when you were the one being put on the spot.

You cleared your throat. "I'm surround by fine gentlemen" You deflected the question and hoped that the ego boost and flattery would let you off . You looked over to Loki who had his staple grin plastered on his face, was he enjoying this?

"That you are indeed" Tony wagged his finger at you. "But I am the finest of them all" He stood, swaying from side to side with his hands outstretched and look at little bow before Pepper told him to sit back down.

"Come on Y/N there must have been someone who's taken your fancy? Maybe that young man who works in the coffee shop or the boy who lives round the corner, or maybe even one of the team?" Nat giggled clearly just as drunk as Tony. The whole team made an oooohhh noise.

"Even if there was why would I tell you guys, you would never leave me alone" You giggled, desperately trying not to give anything away while also keeping it light hearted. Loki was still smiling and every now and then he would meet your eyes.

Getting embarrassed, are we?

You darted your eyes towards the owner of the voice which was in your head and rolled your eyes.

You're clearly enjoying this, aren't you?

Of course I am, I am the god of mischief and this is very mischievous.

You know what you are? Don't you?  

Enlighten me.

"You're a asshole" You giggle. Wait a second that wasn't in your head. Quickly you slammed your hands to your month. In your drunken state you had completely forgotten the say that in your mind. Everyone looked at you.

"Language" Cap attempted to tell you off.

"What are you on about Y/N?" Nat asked. Looking confused. Loki was struggling to hold back his laughter making it ten times more humiliating.

"I.. I.. I was just thinking about something and it just slipped out" Was that the best you got? It was pathetic.

"What? You are honestly such a weird drunk" Clint chimed.

Soon your little outburst was forgotten, and you could finally relax again, but Loki wouldn't forget. You could see him looking at you again with a little smile and you knew you would never live this moment down.