Chapter 34

Nerves coursed though your body as you flew closer and closer to your destination awaiting you in LA. There were no room for errors, everything had to go smoothly. Loki remained unfazed by what lay ahead, but you, you were beginning to sweat.

"Calm yourself little one" He placed a hand on your upper thigh. It was a strangers hand, belonging to a blonde man, but it was Loki none the less and so, put your mind at ease.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping off the jet you were greeted by two men you assumed to be security. They each had earpieces in the ear and faces which were unwelcoming. They held a device to yours and Loki's face, scanning it with a red laser. They checked the devise and nodded clearing you for entry into the venue.

A large mansion stood in front of you, large double doors opened slowly allowing you access. Music could be heard as well as the general chattering of people who worked for Hydra.

"Good evening sir, madam. Could I interest you in a glass of Champagne?" A waiter dressed in a neat suit presented you with a tray of tall, elegant champagne flutes each filled with the bubbly liquid. You and Loki each took a glass and continued to walk through the entrance hall.

We need to find Wanda.

You spoke to Loki though your mind, he nodded looking around. He was evaluating his surroundings, looking for exits, cameras and guards.

We also need to find Mr and Mrs Fuchs

They will find us.

Loki replied with his eyes still darting around the place and as If by magic a tall looking gentleman tapped Loki on the shoulder.

"Liam Lake, so good to see you again my old friend" It was Alberich Fuchs, his wife stood next to him. They were about mid-forties.

"Alberich" Loki shook the hand of the man in front of him.

"And Sarah looking as beautiful as ever" You smiled at him and shook his hand. You turned toward his wife and introduced yourself again as old friends would.

"This places looks wonderful" Loki spoke.

"Thank you, with all the money we have made from Hydra I thought it time for a little upgrade. That last mission we did really have a big pay out, didn't it?" There was a slight pause. "Of course, you weren't present were you. The last shipment before the Avengers found us went unnoticed by the world, millions of dollars worth of technology stolen from Stark Industries. They were transported to our headquarters right underneath this mansion. Selling it to various terrorist groups we made profit, hence the house" He spilled everything. Hydras new base was underneath the exact building you were in and Hydras plans of stealing technology had been revealed.

"Please make yourself at home, drink and dance, I'm sure I will see you later" And with that Alberich and his wife waltzed over to the new guests that had arrived.

That couldn't have gone any better.

You smiled at Loki who smiled right back. Taking your hand he lead you to the main hall and where the party was being held.

The rest of the night was easy, all you had to do was fit in. You eventually found Wanda and told her what you had found out. Between the three of you there was enough information to replay back to the team and to Fury. Soon it was time to return back to the tower and you could not wait to look like yourself again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tower always felt like home and this time was no different. You debriefed the team of your finding and decided to head to bed. Your feet were killing you and your eyes were heavy. Laying on your bed you could feel sleep creeping closer. Just then Loki teleported into your room.

"Y/N, sorry to intrude. We have to go to Asgard" Loki stumbled over words. He said his sentence so bluntly, so matter of fact. He did not beat around the bush.

"What? Asgard?" You couldn't believe it, as in Asgard in the sky? Loki's home.

"Yes Odin had summoned Thor and I to meet with him and he specifically requested your presence, we leave tomorrow" He looked angry, yet a layer of fear remained, hidden under his vizard.

"Ok" You could not argue back, not with The king of Asgard. "would you like to stay here tonight?" You wanted to comfort him, the last time he was in Asgard he was labelled a traitor and his presents would not bode well with the people there, never mind Odin.

"That would be most pleasant, I'm not overly fond of going going back" He slipped into bed next to you and you stroked his hair gently. You waited until he was fully asleep before you allowed yourself to rest, but it was worth it.

It was worth it for him.

Always.