Chapter 12

What had you done? Embarrassment consumed you, how could you ever look him in the eyes again? You didn't want to get out of bed and face the world

What had you done? Embarrassment consumed you, how could you ever look him in the eyes again? You didn't want to get out of bed and face the world. Stalling for as long as possible, hunger entered you body. With a small groan you decided to get dressed, so much regret was running through your mind. Surly he hated you now; you had thrown his trust and his want to become friends in his face. Completely destroyed any chance of him talking to you again, for what? A two second kiss.

Shaking, you opened the door of your room and peered through the crack to make sure he wasn't in the hallway. You felt like a teenager who had just told there crush you liked them, in all honestly, that's what you practically did.

Once in the kitchen no Loki could be found, much to your relief. Thank heavens he wasn't about yet. Making a small breakfast Nat entered the kitchen.

"I have some spare time, if you want, I could show you some defence moves" She offered. Deciding it would be for the best you followed her to the training room after you had eaten. At least you could avoid Loki down here. Nat taught you how to block punches and kicks and how to break free if someone was to grab you from behind.

"Teaching the youngster how to fight are we?" You saw cap wrapping his hands in cloth, you hadn't even heard him enter the training room.

"Just a couple of self-defence techniques" Nat replied. Cap moved towards the two of you.

"Show us what you got" He took up a neutral fighting stance holding his fist out in front of him.

"I don't think I'm ready for this yet" You looked around nervously to see that Nat had already retreated to the side of the room, clearly, she thought you were.

"Don't worry I wont actually hurt you" He reassured but you weren't convinced. Nervously you copied his stance. He lunged at you with a fist, and you swiped his hand out the way and moved to the side. "Well done" Cap congratulated you. "Now lets speed things up". Before you could reply another punch came flying your way. You had no time to block it and simply shut your eyes tightly and waited for the crunch and inevitable pain of Caps fist, but there was no pain.

Slowly you opened you eyes to see caps hand suspended in the air about a centimetre from your face, a small amount of black smoke cupping his fist. He withdrew his hand and looked directly at you.

"Y/N, what was that?" Slowly, Nat walked back to the centre not taking her eyes of you.

The black smoke evaporated "Its never done that before" You lied not wanting to tell them about Loki's door still. "I can produce balls of mist in my hand but not just out of the blue like that. I didn't even try".

"You never told us about this" Nat voice sounded shocked.

"I didn't think It was important. Loki has been helping me channel the mist through my hands. I never thought it would do this" You gazed at your palms.

"Loki? Loki's been helping you perform magic, and you didn't inform anyone?" Cap's voice sounded like he was telling you off, as if you were a naughty school child.

"It was just a bit of fun".

"You could be dangerous Y/N" Cap said just as sternly as his previous statement.

"I wouldn't go that far Steve, but Y/N you should have told us" Nat placed a hand on your shoulder. "I'll inform the rest of the team and we can look into it. For now, I think its best if we leave it for today".