Chapter 6

Me: Welcome back true believers and can I just say thank you for over 1000 views I know it might not seem a lot but it means a lot to me. Anyways I finally changed that stupid cereal box name jeez that name made me sound so immature I am also surprised that this name wasn't taken.

Renamon: I liked your old name better it made you sound much more cuter.

Me: Uhhhh on a side note I've had a pretty stressful (and busy) month so far, so it took me a while to make this chapter (not to mention that I'm trying to juggle two stories and an upcoming Five Nights at Freddy's story anyways enjoy this chapter and I apologize if this chapter isn't the best.

Renamon: You had a bad month? I know how I can make you feel better... more cuddling!

Me: Crap.

Chapter 6: memory of the past

My eyes opened as I was met with the night sky. I started to collect my senses once I realized where I was, a forest. "Ow." I muttered to myself as I felt my head begin to pound. I tried to take in the scenery so I can at least have some kind of idea where I am. I then began walking around the forest-like area against my own will, its strange I have no control over my movements as if I'm possessed or something... Is this a dream?

"Why is this happening to me?" I thought. My thoughts were only thing I had control over.

My unconscious body kept walking around observing the area. The conscious part of my mind then noticed someone familiar.

Renamon.

She has her head held low as she continued to look at the height of the cliff she was on. Immediately I knew what this was, a memory it had to be! This is how we first met. She took a deep breath as she was about jump. I began running towards her. "Don't do it!" I shouted or in this case HAD shouted. She tensed up for a moment before turning around to face me. "A-a human?" She whispered.

"You mind telling me why you were just about to end your life?" I asked sternly. She gave me an annoyed look which confused me greatly. "Its nothing that concerns you human so why don't you leave me be." She spat. "I can't let you do that!" I had retorted. "And why not? Why do you refuse to leave me be?" She asked. "Because it's not right to throw your life away like that, life is supposed to be cherished and lived to the fullest." I responded with sincerity evident in my voice.

"My life isn't worth living anymore... stay away from me unless if you want to end up in pieces." She threatened as she brought out her sharp claws. "Why isn't it?" I had asked."And as for ending up in pieces I'll take my chances" I continued boldly as I took a few steps closer. Renamon just looked away from me as I began to see something trickle down her cheeks.

Tears.

"I lost the only two people that mattered to me and it was all my fault okay!" She shouted at me loudly making me flinch in my past and present self. I had decided to continue the conversation. "How is it your fault?" I had asked softly. She glared at me when I had said those words making my blood turn ice cold. Her expression then softened. "Because I was too late to save them." She spoke quietly as she let loose a couple more tears. "That doesn't make it your fault, I get that you're at a loss but your friends wouldn't want to see you like this." I had explained.

"You don't know how its like to lose people who mean the world to you." She tried to justify herself. "Actually I do... about a year ago my grandfather died and he was probably the greatest person someone could know it made an impact on my life... But can't you see death is tragic, however we shouldn't let that bring us down. I'm not saying to forget about your loved ones keep them in your heart, but you cant stay stuck in the past it's not healthy for anyone." I stated with confidence clearly evident in my voice.

...

"That doesn't really make me feel much better." She said in a depressed tone. "You shouldn't expect immediate relief when it comes to stuff like this it takes time and that's okay." I had replied. After a long silence I then tried to wrap my arms around to comfort her she just jabbed my stomach making me lurch forwards and grab my stomach. I almost yelled in pain but I suppressed my urge to scream in agony. "Ow." I sputtered while clenching my stomach tighter. Renamon didn't give me any sense of pity instead she just jumped swiftly on a tree and proceeded to rest on it as nothing ever happened.

"Is she always this cold?" I had thought.

My eyes snapped wide open as I began to pant heavily. Renamon woke up quickly when she heard my heavy breathing. "Mike whats wrong are you okay!?" She asked in her panic. "I'm fine... I just had a dream, a memory of you, I didn't remember all of it though." I answered quickly while panting. Renamon's ears perked up when I said the word memory. "What did you remember?!" She asked with an excited voice as her tail wagged side to side. "Daaaaaw." I thought.

"How we first met." I stated.

"Oh..." She muttered quietly her excitement quickly dying out.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Its just that... that I was a bit too cruel when we first met" She answered with shame. "It's nothing to be ashamed about you were just in a bad situation that's all." I replied. "B-but I hurt you." She continued. "Hey It's okay besides the past is in the past." I said with a reassuring voice. She then hugged me out of the blue making me blush a light pink which confused me a little.

"Thank you." She stated.

"For what?"

"For giving me a reason to live without you I would have died for nothing." She answered.

"Renamon I don't think I would be able to live with myself knowing I let anyone die." I said honestly. "I know it's just that..." She paused for a moment. "Just that what?" I asked. "It's nothing..." She finally said confusing me even more. "Do you have that school thing today?" She asked clearly trying to get me off topic but I just decided to go along with it. "Nope it's Saturday, don't have school on weekends." I answered.

...

Now what?

...

"You have anything you want to do today?" I asked. "Well I wanted to go outside with you, but you said that I couldn't." She responded with sorrow. This made me feel like if I was treating Renamon like some kind of wild animal. She is a sentient being she needs fresh air, but I can't risk it."Wait a second I know what to do..." I stated as I got out of bed. "Wait what are you doing?" She asked.

I didn't respond.

I got the Samus helmet from my room, took out the two-way green visor and replaced it with a one-way black visor. See the problem with Renamon's original disguise was that people could see her face.

Not any more.

I got out some plain heavy duty black gloves as well to cover her claws as I tossed the rest of the clothing towards her. "But I thought you sai-" She was then interrupted. "I said that because I was able to see through your disguise." I stated. "Where are we going then?" she asked.

"Where nerds can be nerds." I answered.

"What?"

I sighed as a response. "We're going to the comic store, no one will suspect a thing because you will look like a random cosplayer." I answered once again. "A what?." She questioned with a confused expression. "Just put on the clothes I'll explain later." I said with a groan.

Hopefully this plan is a success.

Next chapter: The Return of Cosplay Renamon

Me: Welp that's enough for today once again sorry for the really long wait I really need to clear up my schedule. I have no idea how long it'll take to make another chapter hopefully not as long as this time and like I said before I don't have the right to end this story without an ending.

Renamon: *Currently rubbing cheek on my face.* So soft..

Me: Can you please stop?

Renamon: Never...

- The Ultimate Spiderman