Chapter 8

Me: Hi guys and gals welcome back and school is finally over so hopefully updates will arrive faster but then again this chapter is longer than usual.

Renamon: The updates probably wont arrive faster since you got like 20 different ideas in your head just for fanfiction.

Me: Don't ruin my hopes and dreams oh yeah and one more thing don't hate on this story just because of the ending of this chapter the story isn't over yet.

Chapter 8: confession (20 follower special) updated march 2020

I hate this.

I go out with a friend only to have my other idiot friend chase her off. I didn't even let Zack catch up to me this mostly his fault in the first place and what is it with Zack thinking she likes me... Well yeah sure we sleep together and she does like hugs but that doesn't mean anything, right?

My god ever since Zack got his first girlfriend (the relationship lasted about a week or two) he suddenly thinks he is some sort of romance expert.

...

This is all too frustrating.

I've been trying to catch up to Renamon over the past two hours but since she is much faster than the average human being she managed to get herself completely out of sight and the amount of people here isn't helping. So here I am running around like a complete idiot in an overcrowded mall.

"Maybe she got offended by Zack calling her my girlfriend she IS a different species after all." I thought. I tried not to dwell on the subject too much (tried being the key word) and focus on the problem at hand: finding Renamon.

"It's most likely because what I said back there I mean we did have a strong connection in the past and since she's the kind of person (or Furry) who takes things a bit too literal she probably thinks that I don't care about her" The moment I thought about that I started to feel guilty she probably thinks I threw away our friendship.

I ran through a couple of department stores but didn't find any Samus imposters. Normally you'd expect it to be easy to find a random person wearing a random cosplay helmet but no. "I wont let anyone find out about her she could get herself killed." I thought.

The more I think about it cant possibly have to do with our friendship. If what she said was true then I saved her more than once people don't save random people more than once unless if they care for them, she has to know that. I stopped running for a moment to collect my thoughts.

C'mon Mike use that head of yours why else do you think she's always flustered around you or why she insists being close to you at any given moment? She loves you dammit and you just crushed her heart!

...

This is just sad I'm actually Zack's stupidity get to me she doesn't like me she cares about me sure, but she's an entirely different species than me. I understand that 'love' transcends through all boundaries but I don't know if I'd consider her to be that kind of person the thought alone of us actually being together may just make her sick rather than me.

Well I've read enough comics to kind of consider that not taboo, but this is real. Not to mention most interspecies relationships in comics have characters that look more humanoid than Rena. And then theres the fact thay I don't know much about her to begin with. Can I even see myself in a relationship at all?

...

Why am I even worrying myself this much in the first place? Besides its not like anyone has taken a liking to me before I'm a comic nerd with a capital c and n girlds don't really dig that and I highly doubt Renamon finds that attractive." I thought to myself trying to mark every word Zack told me as a load of crap as I continued looking for Renamon.