Chapter 10

Me: Hi guys and gals sorry for yet another long wait (I've been stuck with a bunch of writing projects at school lately. AND NOT TO MENTION THE CIVIL WAR TRAILER CAME OUT) but welcome back to yet another chapter.

Renamon: 10th chapter to be exact! And holy crap we almost have 40 followers!

Me: Enjoy. (Slightly perverted chapter ahead... again... don't kill me).

Chapter 10

Renamon POV:

It was still dark out when I woke up only to turn my gaze towards Mike. "He looks so peaceful..." I thought with a small smile as I continued to stare at Mike's sleeping form. A light blush formed on my face once I considered snuggling up to him. "I shouldn't but-"

I want to.

Gingerly, I wrapped my arms around him causing me to sigh in contempt. My blush darkened as I remembered the feeling of his lips against my own. Even though it was rushed I couldn't help but feel accomplished, it was my first kiss after all.

"At least he kissed back." I thought. Shaking the thought out of my head I let my hand brush through his jet black hair only let it rest against his cheek delicately.

I'm in love with him, every second I'm with him I feel at home. I can't help but wonder beautiful life would be if we were mates. He cheers me up when I'm depressed and cares for me with all his heart. I just want him to love me as much as I love him.

And yet, he doesn't feel the same.

Feeling his hesitation around me hurt so much. I rested my head under his chin with my eyes clenched trying to push the thought away. Squeezing him harder I pecked his cheek softly causing him to shift slightly in his sleep.

Mike POV:

My eyes opened slightly only to be met with the dark forest, It was pouring and instantly I felt pain on my left cheek. "Where are you going?" A voice called sternly causing me to turn my head.

It was Rena.

This is another memory I suppose.

"Away from you." I had replied dryly as I sat down next to a tree.

"This is ridiculous I helped her, twice! And she still treats me like crap..." I muttered enduring the cold while Renamon sat in her cave with the warmth of a fire. Placing a hand on my face I sighed as I thought of her. "Man can she throw a punch." I thought as continued to rub my bruised cheek. She's not suicidal anymore or at least I THINK, but she's still bitter for the most part. I can't leave her alone, not while she's like this.

But what about my own problem.

I've been stuck here for three months and there's still no sign of getting out.

"What if I can't go back home?" I thought dreadfully as I put on the hood to my jacket. It scared me honestly. Sure being in a digital world has its perks like every day being an adventure, but to be honest I really miss my life back on Earth.

Sneezing loudly I laid down on the muddy ground trying to get some sleep only hearing the rain falling. At this rate I won't be surprised if I get hypothermia.

"I really need to find a better place to sleep." I thought as I shivered against the rain. Finally I closed my eyes to a deep sleep unsure if it was even a good idea to sleep.

"M-Mike, are you okay?"

Lifting my head slightly I realized that I was in Renamon's den only to avert my gaze towards her.

"D-did you bring me here?"

She just nodded shyly as she spoke. "You can stay here for the night if you'd like that is." I was completely baffled, she usually treats me dirt and yet here she is helping me out.

"Not that I'm ungrateful, but why did you help me? I thought you hated me." I replied quietly.

"I-I don't. I just thought that I should assist you, since you helped me..." She clarified with a light blush. Suddenly I sneezed as loud as ever startling both Renamon and myself.

"It's getting cold, you might want to take off your garments. "She suggested.

WAIT WHAT?!

"Nonono, I'm fine like this." I stammered.

"Mike you're going to catch a cold at this rate."

"Clothes. Stay On." I replied sternly.

"Alright then, but at least let me warm you up". She insisted as she tackled me to the ground catching me by surprise. "Hey let go of me!" I practically shouted as I struggled against her grip. She just tightened her hold with my head rested under the crook of her neck.

"I'm not letting you freeze Mike." She claimed. Ultimately I relaxed into her embrace with a blush on both of our faces.

This feels so awkward...

A long silence passed as we laid down not sharing a single word. Renamon would occasionally place her hand against my hair gingerly only to ruffle it slightly.

"I'm sorry..." She practically whispered. I gave her questioning glance as a response. "I've done terrible things to you lately, and even after everything I put you through you still care." She continued.

"Hey, look it's alright-"

"NO IT'S NOT!" She interrupted with tears streaming down her cheek. "I-I hurt you willingly Mike, it's not okay... will you ever f-forgive me?" She hiccupped softly as she delicately placed a hand on my bruised cheek causing me to wince.

...

Her expression fell when she heard no response. "...I-I understand." She replied quietly as more tears flooded down her face. I then wrapped my arms around her in a comforting manner. "Don't cry Rena, I forgive you." I finally replied as I wiped her tears away. Renamon looked at me in a shocked manner only to be replaced with an overjoyed one.

"Thank you Michael, thank you..." She whispered as she nuzzled my neck lightly.

My eyes snapped open only to realize that Rena was right on top of me with her head under my chin. Not to mention that she's in the same EXACT position as when she held me in the dream... or memory in this case.

"Maybe I should keep this one to myself." I pondered.

Suddenly Rena shifted in her sleep leaning her chest into my face.

Not this crap again.

My face began to heat up as I felt... never mind. I tried pushing her away but she just tightened her grip pushing me further into this awkward embrace. Flailing my arms rapidly I called her name "Rena. Rena!" But it was no use my voice was to muffled. Running out of ideas I got my got my index finger and jabbed it against her side causing her to flinch. She then moved away looking at me with a giant blush.

"S-sorry Mike" She apologized sheepishly. "It's fine..." I replied with a giant blush.

"I guess I'll um go make breakfast then." I announced as I walked out of the room trying to forget what just happened.

To be continued

Me: That's a wrap for now the next story I'm updating is love from an artificial heart. Thanks for the support and I'll see you in the next chapter

Renamon: *hugs me* Happy late birthday!

Me: Thanks... I think.

-The Ultimate Spiderman