Chapter 15

Me: Well shit hit the fan pretty fast this year, first worries about ww3 and now covid-19. I hate to sound like a broken record here but it's affecting my current lifestyle. Work is cancelled college is now being done online despite the fact I got early classes to AVOID going online. And to top it all off there's talks about a curfew in my area. Now I know that sounds like I have a lot of free time on my hands to write but to be honest not really. I'm kinda on the computer all day now and by the time I'm done with classwork I'm drained.

Rena: I miss sunlight

Me: You and I both but brighten up its IRA day so it's pretty much your birthday.

Rena: So what do I get?

Me: Isolation and being alone with the voices :D

Rena: So basically what I've been getting for the past 5 years

Me: Pretty much, Anyways This chapter was a bitch to work on due to writers block, I just hope this chapter isn't too bad for you guys and gals, it does have a little sexual tension so consider yourself warned.

Chapter: 15 Closer part 1

One week later...

Things are starting to look more promising now, I'm starting to get used to balancing work with my actual life and by that I mean every shift I get I make an excuse to get out earlier. Not like i'm paying bills or anything, I just need enough cash for myself and Renamon (though I do give a cut of my paycheck to my parents).

"Hey jackass I ordered twenty minutes ago, where's my order?!"

Though I can't say it's been pitch perfect.

"R-right here sir!" I stuttered as I brought the tray over to the customers table only to head back and mop the restroom. Seriously you'd think these people would be a tad more respectful, but no. "Just half a hour more of this and then you can go home Mike, you can do this" I tried to motivate myself.

But I digress, as for Rena and I, we slowly started getting a little closer again. Though the nightmares haven't entirely stopped, I can at least sleep much easier. But at the end of the day I still feel like a jackass for pushing her away, I can still see the guilt in her eyes occasionally. I shouldn't have freaked out then, I should just be glad that I still have my life. Besides, chances are that wasn't the only time my life was in danger while I was with Rena. I'll find some way to make it up to her, but how? Not like I can just waltz down the street with her nearby, not after what happened last time. And at this point I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to eat take out, even I'm starting to get sick of it.

P.O.V Rena

The faint glow of the television couldn't cheer me up, I felt like the most despicable person as of now, and what's worse is that it's not my fault!

Well mostly at least.

I know Mike had already forgiven my misdeeds in the past, even before he lost his memories, but knowing it caused him that much pain was unbearable. I'm already causing a strain to our relationship and I haven't even done anything!

I groaned into a pillow in frustration.

Is he even satisfied with our relationship? I feel like I roped him into this unwillingly and I'm just mooching off of him. He literally had to get a job because of me, and I haven't done much to help. Is he just going out with me out of pity, does he even find me attractive? "Don't say that Mike cares for you, if he didnt like you he would've called off the relationship by now" I reassured myself regarding that first question.