Chapter 9

Me: I'M BACK, I'M BACK! CRIPPLED BUT BACK!

Renamon: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

Me: I'M SORRY FOR THE WAIT MY COMPUTER BROKE! ALL I HAD TO WORK WITH WAS MY PHONE! And I have to say it's a pain in the ass, most of all I had a summer that was CRAP! anyways enjoy.

Renamon: Language.

Me: This isn't the time for Avengers references

Chapter 9

I couldn't sleep, what can I say? I'm not tired.

Renamon took my bed leaving me here on the couch to brood for over four hours. When we had both got inside earlier today I kept quiet I didn't know what to say. Call offensive if you'd like but things felt awkward between us, okay that's a understatement, things were so awkward that I offered to sleep on the couch for the night. My senses were filled with guilt, she loves me and what did I do? I rejected her.

My mind was still double-sided on the subject, How am I supposed to love her? She's not human, but is that really a factor in any of this? "I just don't know how to handle all of this." I thought as I glanced at my bandaged arm, I had a hard time hiding it from my parents earlier today. I don't know how long I can keep this a secret it's driving me insane. "Agh son of a-" I bit my tougue as I clenched my bandages "Well at least it doesn't hurt as bad as when I accidentally stabbed my hand with a screwdriver..." I reminisced as I gazed at my phone to check the time.

11:56

This night is never going to end, is it? I tried getting into a more comfortable position but it didn't work.

I wonder how Renamon is doing...

Renamon P.O.V.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Mike had shouted as he ran off. "Mike wait!" I cried but he didn't respond. despite his efforts to leave me I still pursued him. How could I leave the man I was madly in love with?

His running soon turned into a full sprint, I still continued after him. I then tackled Mike pinning him to the ground. Mike stared at me with as if I was some sort of traitor.

"Why? Why did you do it?" Mike interrogated, only to have my silence as a response. Once I knew for a fact he wasn't going to run off again I got off him. "You're my friend, I had to..." I spoke with shame evident in my voice, I never seen him this upset before. "That was my only chance to get back home! If you were a TRUE friend you'd let me go, you don't care about me, you care about yourself!" Mike retorted angrily.

I felt awful, theoretically the vortex we had found could possibly send Mike home, but not without a price. I prevented him from going, to protect him (not to mention that I didn't want him to leave). "You know damn well that it could kill you Mike, I'm trying to protect you here. And like it or not, I do care for you." I protested with a frown insulted that he would say such a thing.

"I-I lo-" I bit my tongue I knew he wasn't ready for what I was about to say especially at a situation like this. Mike looked puzzled as if he was expecting me to say something. "He seriously didn't notice that was completely obvious!" A part of me thought but I didn't care at the moment.

"Listen I get that we're partners but I have to take the risk, I want to do something with my life. But more importantly, I have friends and family people that care for me, it would be irresponsible to leave them worrying about me." Mike argued. "What about me then? I care for you too; So you're just going to leave me alone too?" I inquired in annoyance with my arms crossed.

Mike's expression fell.

"Rena I-I didn't mean- I just-" Mike stuttered only to sigh in remorse.

"I'm sorry." Mike apologized as he ran off this time however I didn't go after him, he needed time to calm down and honestly I don't blame him.

My eyes snapped open as tears began to flow down my face, that was the last time I saw Mike before the incident. I grabbed one of the cushions and silently sobbed just at the thought of the memory. I always regret doing that, I nearly lost him, forever.

My mind kept on focusing on what had happened earlier today. "I'm such an idiot! I had so many chances to tell him the truth but I end up picking the worst time ever." I thought. Pressing my face even harder against the cushion I began to tremble. "Why must I let my feelings get the better of me?" I thought. Everything just felt so awkward between us now, I can't stand it.

"Of course he wasn't going to say yes I'm a different species for goodness sake, he probably sees me as a freak now..." It seemed so obvious considering he literally wanted to sleep on the couch.

"..."

I looked at the ceiling trying to fall asleep only to fail miserably.

Mike P.O.V.

Switching positions on the couch I clenched my eyes tightly unsure what to do, I still have to face her tomorrow, what happens then? My head turned as soon as I heard the soft padding on the ground.

It was Renamon.

"Rena what are you doing here shouldn't you be in bed?! If my parents see you they'll flip!" I whispered frantically. "I-I couldn't sleep and I was wondering if..." She whispered practically inaudible. "I'm sorry what was that?" I asked silently.

"You don't have to sleep on that couch..." She replied as she stared at the floor.

"It's alright." I replied calmly. "No it's not..." She retorted with a small frown as she softly grabbed my hand trying to get me up. i tried pulling my hand back but Rena didn't let go. "Why won't you at least speak to me?" she spoke softly. I sighed quietly and got up reluctantly.

"I don't want us to be like this Mike..." Renamon whispered pulling me into a hug. Her face was red I knew she felt just as awkward as I did. "I-I know Rena, its just that I never thought that y-you or anyone felt so strong about me. I'm sorry if I'm acting a bit distant, but I don't know any other way to handle this." I answered honestly, it hurt me to see her like this.

Suddenly Rena leaned in close pecking my cheek softly causing me to flinch. "Sorry." she apologized sheepishly. "I-it's okay." I stuttered as I blushed a bright red, thank god the lights were out. Rena then pulled me to the room I tried pulling back once again, I knew she just wanted us to sleep together but I don't feel comfortable with it anymore.

"Please?" She asked giving me a pair of puppy eyes.

"Alright, you win." I gave in.

When we both got in I immediately slumped down to bed only to be brought into another hug by Rena. "I love you Mike, no matter what your decision is I always will." She whispered into my ear. I blushed deeply as she let go I exhaled quietly in relief I didn't think it would be a good idea to cuddle especially after what I said.

"She wasn't kidding when she said she loved me.." I thought as I turned to her sleeping form.

"I hope I can eventually make her happy"

To Be Continued

Me: I would like to apologize about the long Hiatus just to give you a short chapter (Did I do good? I had to retype it) but I had a rather tough two months I got summer school cutting my fun time in half then my computer broke and now I'm crippled for the rest of the month AND THE THING THAT PISSES ME OFF IS I HAD DONE HALF OF THE CHAPTER IN ONE DAY WHEN:

*Finishes typing half of chapter*

Okay just need to save the chapter.

*401 ERROR*

*Reloads page only to find a blank page*

MOTHER FUCK-

Renamon: PLEASE STAND BY

-The Ultimate Spiderman