Chapter 13

ME: SORRY SORRY SORRY SO-

Renamon: *slaps the shit out of me*

Me: I deserved that...

Renamon:*folds arms* Yes you did, I thought you forgot about me for a second there

Me: No joke I'm actually really starting to hate my life. I've been exhausted from work college and life in general i can't catch a breath cause i'm so overwhelmed with things to do. This chapter isn't going to have romance so consider yourself warned. Also I have a update I might be changing the rating to Mature so I can touch upon more darker themes specifically in this chapter not lemons but stuff that wouldn't feel safe in a Teen rated story aside from that enjoy this chapter that has like zero editing.

Chapter 13

My breathing was spastic I wasn't sure what was happening all I know is that I felt the rush of adrenaline. I took a look around my surroundings only to see trees everywhere and the night sky

"oh right... the digital world" I muttered.

Suddenly I felt a strong stinging pain on my shoulder, my hand instinctively reached over to try and soothe the pain only to feel a warm liquid trailing down my arm.

Blood and alot of it.

There were three large gashes on my arm one of the deeper gashes was on my shoulder "O-oh god, oh god that's deep! I need a laceration fast!" I pretty much yelled as my finger probed the wound. I was freaking out but managed tear a piece of my shirt and wrapped it tightly around my wound causing me to whimper in agony, but I had to stop the blood loss somehow. "What the hell happened?" I thought to myself as I wandered around looking for Rena.

Without her i'm practically a sitting duck waiting to be-

I stopped mid sentence only to be met with probably the most disturbing sight i've ever seen. It was bug-like digimon that looked like it came straight out of an Alien film but that wasn't the disturbing part its chest was slashed open in a rather gorey fashion and to top it all off this thing had blood splattered everywhere. Blood like the red kind, I thought they were just AI programs but they really are alive. The thing was barely breathing only to suddenly stop and disintegrate as if it were never there

"It was killed by someone" Was the first thought that flew through my head. I had to find Rena fast luckily i managed to spot Rena a few meters away. She was panting heavily with blood dripping off her razor sharp claws.

"No she didn't, she couldn't have..."

But the evidence was clear as day.

Renamon's gaze shifted to me her scary demeanor shifting to a protective one. "Mike are you okay?!" She cried out running towards me causing me to run like hell.

"Get the fuck away from me murderer!" I shouted in fear as I sprinted as fast as I could away from her aggravating my shoulder.

"Ohgodohnoohgodohno"

I kept running, blood was starting to bleed through my shirt but I was too scared to give it attention. fatigue was starting to set in causing me to collapse maybe it was the run or maybe it was the fact that I probably lost over a pint of blood. "Damn it"

"Mike stop it you're hurting yourself."

"SHUT UP!" I yelled.

"Why?! Why did you do it?"

"He tried to kill you and it's my purpose to protect you." Renamon defended.

"That doesn't give you the right to kill anyone. There's always a way to settle things, there had to be."

"Don't be naïve Mike, sometimes you have to do what's necessary to protect those you care about even if it means killing someone or something,"

"You-You're wrong, call me an idiot if you'd like, but I'd rather die if it meant going against my morality and becoming as cold hearted as you say. Being that ruthless makes you no different than an average killer" I barely managed to sputter. Renamon's expression changed to one of genuine confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Listen and I know it's gonna sound really predictable but you shouldn't do things like that. I guess what I'm trying to say (and I cant believe im actually going to say this): With great power there must also come great responsibility. You have to make the right choice not only because it's the right thing to do but because if you dont you become just as bad as the rest of the creeps in this world"

"Who taught you that?"

"I got it from a book" I chuckled quietly

"it's rather sound advice"

"Renamon, I don't want any part of this I just want my life back and if this is just a regular occurrence I think Id just be fine being an average human. I'm not like those 'digidestined' people you keep talking about" I muttered as I chucked my digivice at the ground only to have everything cut to black.

I gasped for air as I woke up another memory though not a pleasant one. glancing over to Rena I got out of bed careful not to disturb her I was kind of scared to be honest sure it's all in the past but that doesn't change the fact she took another's life. Not to mention I nearly died there. We're gonna have to talk about this later, but for now I need some rest preferably away from her.

Call it rude all you want but I can't shake that image out of my head it makes me want to vomit. She actually killed someone and that memory felt so real I can practically feel the gashes on my shoulder yet nothings there not even a scar. I grab a blanket as I make my way towards the couch "Please let tomorrow be a better day" I whisper

Just give me a sign I'm doing the right thing.

To be continued...

Me: it's short I know but its IRA day and if you guys want a lemon i guess i could do that at the very end it's up to you I honestly dont care im so tired right now so enjoy your day this chapter may not have been my best but its been a while since we have seen any memories from Mike anyways Ill see you next time

Rena: OWO DID YOU SAY LEMONS?!

Me: S T O P

-the ultimate spiderman