Chapter 14

Sorry for the long wait guys and gals but that's what a couple of trips to the ER will do to you I'm not gonna do the Rena and author bit til the end of the chapter. I've been rather stressed recently (regarding finding a decent health care provider and bills) and I know its becoming a rather old excuse at this point but I guess its a part of growing up. Since a majority of said stress is kind of gone I finally start writing again not the to mention the fact that I've had a rather long time to at least outline this chapter

With all that said the response I got from chapter 13 was... well loud to say the least regarding Mikes morality and how hes now afraid of Renamon and to that I say: hes a kid in a life threatening situation it was kind of the point.

Anyways I hope you all enjoy this new chapter

Chapter 14: Repercussions (three weeks after we left off)

Welcome to rock bottom Mike.

I haven't really talked to Rena as of these few weeks call it harsh if you want but I couldn't get that memory out of my head. It never really occurred to me how dangerous my adventures with Rena could have been. It also never occurred to me that Rena could be capable of killing another sentient creature. I couldn't get that gorey image out of my head. Don't get me wrong I'm glad she saved my life but knowing that a life had to be taken to ensure my safety doesn't exactly make me feel any better about it either. I still couldn't tell if the kill was done out of self defense or if she really could have spare that guy. Lately I haven't been able sleep well, I keep having nightmares over what happened I can still feel the pain and it feels so real.

I shook my head violently.

Its been a rather long week today marked the end of my first week at my new job and to say the least it sucked ass, well minus the free food part. Majority of the people I dealt with this week were a bunch of self entitled pricks. And pardon my language today but it was really ridiculous the amount of people I had asking for their order to be free just because it took like a minute longer than I said it would take.

So why am I even doing this?

Simple, money is pretty scarce at the moment and unfortunately my parents cant exactly afford feeding another mouth. Besides they have enough on their plate already they sacrifice so much just so I can have a better life. It's my responsibility to care for Renamon on my own even if it means working at a lousy job.

I looked over to the bag I held as I walked my way home, at least the job has a couple of perks such as free food I hope she likes burgers. Despite the fact I'm still kind acting distant I still keep holding on to what I told her. We still sleep together and occasionally watch television together but I'm not really "there" all I do is make very little small talk and I can tell she's noticing it as well. My head keeps flashing unpleasant images whenever I'm around her and I hate it! I'm supposed to be her friend, yet I cant even be near her without wanting to run away, Its so nauseating when I'm close.

I kept walking home I guess another perk of the job is the fact I don't have to travel too far to get home though judging by my current predicament I wouldn't call that a perk at the moment. While I was approaching my house a sense of dread filled my senses as I unlocked the door and walked in. Normally this is where Rena would run up to me and hug me tightly but instead I found her siting on the staircase with one hand over her kneecap. A heavy shadow cast over her as I met her eyes which gave me an upset look."Okay something is definitely up" Was the first thought that flew into my head.

"We need to talk" Rena suddenly spoke with a stern tone.

"Alright..." I responded only for the two of us to walk into the living room.