12 - Information

Monday, May 25th, 5:00 pm

"So I just jump off this building, and you'll catch me with your, uh, airbending?" Bucky asked, holding Atlas's black glider while she held one of her others. Atlas wanted to go to the hospital to see Mei and ask her some questions, and Bucky suggested that he come with her, even though he knew he shouldn't be seen in public. He was planning to put on sunglasses and pull his hood over his head when they arrived. It was especially important to him that they talked to Mei because Bucky wanted to see if HYDRA was back.

Atlas was planning to fly to the hospital, and since Bucky wanted to tag along, he would have to fly too. And this way, Bucky was minimizing the amount of time he'd be seen in public if they were to take the subway or drive. And when they actually arrived at the hospital, they could land on the roof and go straight to Mei's room instead of having to get visitor's passes. "If you do it properly, then yeah, I can catch you," Atlas said, entertained by Bucky's nervousness; she had never seen this side of him. He took a long look over the ledge of the landing pad, taking a deep breath. "What? Are you afraid of heights?" the airbender asked.

Bucky continued to look down at the small street in slight fear. "...Something like that," he responded. "What if don't do this properly?"

"Then I'll have to fly down and actually catch you - which I can do, by the way," Atlas said, realizing that Bucky was being serious about being afraid of heights. "Hey, we can drive there if you're more comfortable with that. I can ask Tony to let us use one of his cars," she proposed.

"Nah, this is safer for me. I need to stay off of camera feeds as much as possible," Bucky said. He took one last deep breath, finally ready to jump. "Okay. I think I'm ready."

"'Kay. If we jump at the same time, it's easier for me. So let me know, and we'll go." Bucky took another nervous breath. "Do you trust me?" the airbender asked. Bucky looked over at her with a blank face before smiling slightly and nodding. "Three..."

"Two..." Bucky continued.

"One." The pair jumped off the landing pad at the same time, and even though Atlas liked to free fall for a bit longer, she made sure to get them steady in the air as soon as possible for Bucky's comfort. Just as she had told him to do, his feet hooked tightly around the back of the glider. And although Bucky didn't want to admit that he kind of liked the flight, he couldn't stop a smile from taking over his face, and he could see why Atlas enjoyed this so much. Seeing the view of Manhattan this high up was gorgeous. And though it was barely there before, Bucky's trust in Atlas grew stronger as she carried him through the air. He couldn't help but admire the bright look in her eyes. Atlas had done this a million times, but she still got excited every time she flew.

~

5:10 pm

The hospital wasn't far away. Atlas had briefly walked Bucky through landing with the glider, talking him through the steps before taking off at the Avengers Tower. As they approached the helipad, Atlas made sure to slow herself and Bucky down as much as possible. She made sure to put herself ahead of Bucky so she could actually show him how to land. Just as she reached the edge of the helipad, Atlas angled her glider against the wind and unhooked her feet from the back. The tips of her toes hit the ground as she kept running to maintain her balance, eventually slowing down. Bucky wasn't far behind her, but when she looked back, she saw him trip over his own feet a few times, and she laughed at his struggle. Bucky managed to stop right beside Atlas. His hair was blown back, and his cheeks were flushed with some windburn.

"That wasn't so bad," Bucky said, giving Atlas her favourite glider back. She collapsed both of the gliders simultaneously and put the black one back inside her jacket.