15 - HYDRA

Friday, June 5th, 9:35 pm

As Atlas's hands ran up and down the piano, she could feel her phone vibrating in her back pocket for the sixth time that night, presumably from the people that had been continuously calling - Steve and Bucky. As much as she wanted to answer their calls, she was in the middle of a gig and they both knew she was working tonight.

When Atlas finished her song, which was her own arrangement of Body and Soul, the Friday night crowd burst into applause. Atlas pulled over the mic from beside her and started to speak into it. "Thanks, everyone for being here. It means a lot that you guys can actually sit through my own arrangements," Atlas said with a smile, getting a small laugh out of the crowd. "But, uh, anyway, that was my take on Body and Soul, originally composed by Johnny Green, and next..."

Atlas stopped in the middle of her speech as the door swung open and in came Steve. His not-so-effective disguise - in Atlas's opinion - was a baseball cap, but no one in the bar seemed to notice that Captain America stood before them. Including the waiter at the front just a few feet away from him. "...And next I'll be playing Polkadots and Moonbeams followed by Beatrice, and I'll wrap up the night with Misty by Erroll Garner," Atlas finished. The crowd gave her another round of applause with some people coming by the stage to give her tips. By this time Steve had just finished talking to the waiter, and started to guide him to his table. As Steve fully emerged from the entrance, another person followed. "Are you shitting me?" Atlas mumbled to herself as she sat back down on the piano bench and Bucky closely followed Steve into the bar. They sat in a booth in one of the back corners of the bar. She immediately grew tense knowing that Bucky was supposed to minimize the amount of time he was out in public.

She turned her attention back to the piano, and played beautifully through the rest of her set. Steve and Bucky had really underestimated how good Atlas was. In between songs, both of the super soldiers gave Atlas a small wave, which she returned with a tense smile, still wary of their presence. When Atlas finished at the piano, she said a few last words into the microphone. "Thanks again everyone for coming out tonight. I'm Atlas Yunshui and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend," she said. She then grabbed her backpack and the bucket of tips and made her way to the back of the restaurant where Steve and Bucky were sitting. "What are you guys doing here?" Atlas asked, taking a seat beside Bucky in the booth and starting to fold the dolar bills from the tip bucket.

"We called," Steve said.

"And we left you messages," Bucky added.

"I was working," Atlas said to the two of them. A waitress walked over to the three of them with a take out box. "Thanks Lauren," Atlas said as the waitress set the box down in front of Atlas. "See you next week." Lauren took a little longer than usual to leave the table, evidently checking out the men that were sitting near Atlas. She smirked and walked off as Bucky gave her a small smile, trying his best to avoid eye contact. An unfamiliar feeling grew in Atlas as she shifted in her seat, as if moving would help her surpress the feeling.

"We need to get back to the tower," Steve said, getting back to business.

"Right now?" the piano player asked.

"Tony thinks he found something on the situation with HYDRA and all the missing benders. He's refusing to start without you."

~

10:10 pm

"You're shitting me," Atlas said as she looked at the two motorcycles in front of her. "Nope. No. Nuh-uh. I'm flying back," she said as she started to look through her bag for her glider. Ever since her dad, she had an irrational fear of driving. She hated being in a vehicle unless she was the driver.