𝙙 𝙞 𝙜 𝙣 𝙞 𝙛 𝙮

dig·ni·fy

\ˈdig-nə-ˌfī\

verb

transitive verb

1 : to give distinction to : en noble

2 : to confer dignity upon; also: to give undue attention or status to <won't dignify that remark with a reply>

[SECOND PERSON] (edited 2/13/24)

Years flew by longer than Sukuna anticipated, human life tingz I guess.

"Sukuna, lunch is almost over. Hurry back or you'll get scolded again." Yuuji called for his twin.

"Can you stop bothering me for a minute? I'm busy!" He yelled back. "But you're always busy!" Yuuji whined.

"Be quiet and go back to class. I'm skipping today." Sukuna declared hoping on top of the concrete fence,

"Again? The teachers won't be happy about that."

"Like I care, I'm leaving." The former king of curses hopped off of the fence and walked down the road.

Ever since he started attending school he would often skip or try to escape classes. Yuji would often try to stop him, but there were rare occasions when his twin would just let him do whatever he wanted.

He never stopped looking for you. He never will at this point, he is determined to kick your ass when he finds you again. He doesn't know for sure if you have left Japan or not. But within the thousand years, you would sometimes show up in his history lessons.

You didn't go by (Y/n) (L/n), you went by fake names like Fukami or something.

Even though your name was different, he knew it was you. Your way of living life was too distinct to be looked over as someone else.

The most recent you have shown up in a history book was on the Taisho period. Not too long ago. At least, not for you.

You would often run around villages and cities yelling "The demons have come! Hide in your houses! Or they will eat all of you!", everyone would go inside fearing that something bad might happen again.

After all, a family was killed in the mountains by said 'Demons'

However, Kamaboko Gonpanchiro- the one whose family was killed in the mountains- later told everyone that these demons did not exist, his family was massacred by something else and later you were beheaded after scaring the life out of everyone.

Sukuna sighed in annoyance at your idiocy, he also remembers that you would yell that curses were coming into the village just for fun.

You were either part of something or the start of the trouble. Either way, you always got killed in the end.

Your most notable appearance was when you were the supposed fiancé of Crowned Prince Yoshihito. You had been carefully selected by Emperor Meiji for your intelligence, articulation, pleasant disposition, and dignity - to complement Prince Yoshihito in the areas where he was lacking. Sukuna would laugh at the description you were given, how unfitting.

You tried to run away though because you weren't ready for commitment. He would laugh even more because that's what you were known for after all and not the fiance of a stuck up prince.

You were beheaded and the prince found a new fiance who had the exact same qualities you had.

.
.
.

"Show yourself already you wench. . . ." Sukuna mumbled, walking carelessly around the city. At this point he was just skipping school just because, you've been gone for so long he's getting tired and he was bound to do something else besides prioritizing his search of you. 

"Get away from my boyfriend! He's mine!" A sudden outburst could be heard.

"Thank God." A voice countered back.

Wait a minute. Sukuna knows that voice from anywhere.

He walked to where the fuss was.

"You sound like a weeb, I'm sorry. Is this the part where the boyfriend turns into an alpha werewolf?" The familiar voice told trying to suppress a laugh and a smirk.

"That's enough!" The boyfriend was about to hit the one talking back. But Sukuna moved in before the other could lay a finger.

"You can't serious, you actually took her bait. I keep on forgetting how stupid people can get." Sukuna sighed in annoyance, the person behind him giggled. "They look stupid too, oh my god."

"That's enough out of you too." He scolded.

"Don't try and act like a hero-" Before he could finish the sentence, Sukuna glared at them as if giving them the sign that this was their last warning.

The couple ran away after seeing his menacing gaze.

"Well, thanks for that. But I'm late for something. See ya-"

"Hold it right there." Sukuna grabbed a hold of their shirt collar.

Finally, after all these years, he has found you again.

You turned around to face him, your eyes were wide for a second but returned to normal afterward.

"Do you need anything else? Do you want a prize or something? I got rice cakes with me." You offered.

"Drop the act."
"Drop what?" You started back at him. "Wait a minute." You mumble, stuffing the rice cake back into your bag.

"Actually, you look familiar." You poked him in his face, "Kinda like a friend from my dark and mysterious past."

He grabbed your finger and pulled it out of his face.

"That's because you DO know me."
"I do?"
"Last time I checked, my friend is long dead." You folded your arms over your chest.
"I was but then I got reincarnated."
"Uhh wait, your dumb face is making my brain all fuzzy." You groaned.

"No way. Sukuna is that you?" It finally clicked as you asked, a visible smile forming on your face.
"Finally. I can't believe you didn't recognize me."
"Didn't you say you were reincarnated?"
"I look the same a thousand years ago!" He said raising his voice.

You leaned your face closer to him, examining it. As you were, both your lips were dangerously close to each other.

But you were too occupied to notice that.

"Nah, not without your weird tattoos." You commented giving him a light laugh.

After some light bickering and talking, our former king remembered his purpose.

"Hey." He called to you
"Yeah?"
"I don't think you should be relaxing just yet."
"Haha. . . Why is that?" You ask, immediately catching his drift.
"After what you did? It should be legal for me to kill you."

"Right. Okay. I'm running now. See ya. Goodbye. I'm disappearing again." You chanted as you began to run.

"OH NO YOU DON'T. COME BACK HERE SO I CAN KILL YOU!!"

"I think you have forgotten about the predicament I am in. You know, the whole reason I'm still alive?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
[𝙖/𝙣]

8/28/22
Augh, the cringe and the grammar. I can feel it.

2/13/24 
whoopsies, the cringe has caught up years later 

𝗱𝗶𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 ~💎