t h i r t y - t w o

"Kook, when I say I never imagined me falling this hard for someone, I mean it. He does something to my heart that I never thought I could feel. I know I'm a dickhead, I know I can really seem heartless, but Taehyung really just . . . Ugh, I can't even express the right words to describe how I feel. Everyday my heart grows in size. I know it hasn't been too long being with him but it's just . . . He's perfect in every aspect imaginable."

     Jeongguk stared at the ceiling as he recalled those words back then, feeling his heart swell with emotions, both good and bad.

He was so head over heels for Taehyung way back then, right when everything was good and just peachy. He missed those times; he missed those feelings. The feelings that was nothing but joyous and had him feeling butterflies flying in circles in his tummy.

     Jeongguk let out a heavy sigh and pushed to sit up on his bed, the streetlights barely filling enough visibility. It was somewhere in the night and early morning, time not so important to the black-haired adult.

He tossed his blanket off of him and pushed to his feet, taking his phone in hand and switching it on so he could activate his flashlight granted by his iPhone.

The twin walked towards his door once able to see the pathing, pulling his door ajar.

Jeongguk peaked his head out, looking back and forth to see if he could see anyone or any form of activity.

There was no light on, Taehyung sleeping in the guest room and Jungkook asleep in his own bedroom.

The man sighed, walking out of his bedroom and quietly going down the hallway until he was greeted by the stairs, making sure his steps were light so he wouldn't disturb anyone.

     He was having a hard time sleeping, figuring he should probably just grab something from the kitchen to ease himself. There's nothing like a nice midnight snack to get you feeling tired again.

He didn't know why his couldn't sleep but his best excuse was his thoughts playing over and over like a broken record in his head.

He wished his mind wouldn't eat away at him but here he was, trying to just distract himself from such thoughts.

     Jeongguk turned on the kitchen light, feeling the sleep in his eyes with the way they were puffy and his vision was slightly blurry.

He pulled open the fridge, eyes scanning the treats and cold food items but nothing seemed to catch his appetite.

He sighed and closed the door to the fridge, walking over to the cabinet and pulling open the small doors.

He didn't see too much besides a box of cookies the twins got quite a bit ago. Jeongguk pulled them out and looked over it, seeing the expiration date was four days ago.

They wouldn't be too bad, right?

"You couldn't sleep either?" The question had Jeongguk jumping and flinching, not expecting anyone to sneak up on him the way they did.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk frowned. "You can't do that, almost had me piss my pants."

The irony made Taehyung chuckle, playing it off however that he was just laughing at the fear he put in Jeongguk.

"Sorry, I just heard someone leaving their room . . . I was having a hard time sleeping." Taehyung said after he calmed down, looking straight at Jeongguk who pulled out the back of cookies. He dipped his head down and sniffled them, nodding once the smell of the cookies was still pretty sweet.

Jeongguk pulled out a cookie and took a small bite from it, eyes avoiding Taehyung. "Neither could I, that's why I'm down here eating some stale cookies."