t w e n t y - t h r e e

"Taehyung?" Seokjin was first to take notice of the boy who walked in side-by-side with Jimin, a wide smile over his pretty plump lips.

Taehyung already wanted to leave but he was going to try harder than this. "Hi . . ." He breathed out a bit too quietly, clearing his throat. "H-Hi, hi, guys." He tried to smile but it was so forced.

Jungkook looked over his shoulder and fuck. He really didn't have feelings but feelings never left a person's mind. No matter how much you want to forget someone, the fact that you loved them as much as you did will forever remind you of the happiness you once had with that person.

Jungkook was reminded of how beautiful he thought Taehyung was, how caring and cute, how sweet and adoring, how loving he was.

Like lovely feelings, bad times came into his head and washed away his thriving heart into one that was ready to go to war with toxins and horrible flashbacks of sleepless nights and having to deal with a bipolar twin brother.

His heart and his head were going at what he should say, do, and what he should feel.

So, with that, he decided to not speak, just nodding and turning back away so he could collect himself for a second. It hurt.

"What are you doing here?" Hoseok wondered, no one actually appearing to be upset but more shocked and confused.

"Well, um . . . I-I . . . Uh," he gulped, scratching the side of his neck nervously. He was at a loss of words and was unsure on what he could say to help make this situation more bearable.

Before he could stumble over words anymore, Seokjin pushed out of his seat and wrapped his arms around Taehyung, taking the younger by surprise. "Glad you're here." He mumbled.

Out of everything, he didn't expect someone to hug him. He returned it and squeezed his arms around Seokjin's waist, hiding his face in his shoulder. He breathed in his scent and took in his warmth. It's been forever since he hugged someone other than Jimin.

Seokjin was always the most caring member who listened and would never turn his back to any of his boys. It was so comforting and really made Taehyung relax just a bit.

"Thank you," Taehyung let out in a small whisper, only allowing Seokjin to hear such soft words.

The elder nodded and pulled back, returning to his seat. Taehyung and Jimin both sat down, the table soon falling silent.

This time, everyone thought it was awkward, not just Jungkook who took a bite of his cold eggs after dipping it in a bit of ketchup.

"So . . ." Yoongi pursed his lips, dragging out of the word. "You coming to the game?"

"Yeah, Jungkook invited me to come with." Taehyung answered, looking at Jungkook who hadn't looked at him since he walked into the small café.

"That's nice." Said Yoongi who nibbled on his muffin, sparing a glance up at Hoseok who was already looking back at him, knowing eyes. "How have things been with you?" Yoongi got the hint that Hoseok wanted him to not let the table fall back into an unbearable silence.

"Been good." Taehyung said, keeping his hands on his lap while Jimin looked at him from time to time. "With you? With you guys?"

"I've been doing well. Me and Namjoon are married." Seokjin spoke up, taking his husband's hand in his own. The other smiled at Taehyung who didn't at all looked surprised.

"Sorry I couldn't come to the wedding." Apologized Taehyung with sympathetic eyes.

"Don't worry," Namjoon finally spoke. He had truly woken up the moment Taehyung stepped in, everyone was taken by surprise. "We didn't have a wedding. Well, we did, but it was just for us to enjoy." He added on to verify.