t h i r t y - f i v e

The silence was so loud and unbearable in Jeongguk's car, suffocating and deafening Taehyung. He was surrounded by his thoughts that did nothing but torment him. He fucked up so bad and he knew he did.

Taehyung was sick of fucking up, especially as bad as he was. He often asked himself if coming back was worth it at all because so far, it's brought him nothing more than pain and agony.

He would've been better off alone with the new friends he made back in Daegu, South Korea.

But no, he decided that he was going to try again after seeing one of the twins face-to-face. Oh, how Taehyung wished he could've made the ultimate choice of never chasing after the group.

Perhaps he would be a bit happier than this.

"Stop throwing yourself a pity party." Jeongguk's voice cleared the silence, saying that as if he could read Taehyung's mind. "It only pisses me off more."

The elder sighed, he had looked over once he heard Jeongguk speak but soon looked back away, eyes focusing on the moving objects outside of the vehicle.

     Taehyung knew he shouldn't talk but he felt like he had to. "I told him not to tell anyone," he remarked.

Jeongguk huffed. "One fucking rule, Taehyung, it was all I asked for."

"Yeah, well, too bad." Taehyung shook his head, arms loosely crossed over his chest. "He wasn't trying to find me and when I saw him, he was just as surprised as I was. He was pissed too, believe it or not. I just had him promise me he wouldn't tell anyone."

"Why?" Jeongguk asked sternly. He had one hand on the stirring wheel while the other rested on rolled down window, the outside air bringing just a tad bit of relief to his raging nerves.

"Because I didn't want you guys knowing. And, if you were going to find out, it was going to be from me. Not Yoongi, not Hoseok, not anyone else. It's not their job to relay the mistake I made." Taehyung kept his eyes forward, a pathetic look playing his face.

Jeongguk thought it over, not saying anything as a response to what Taehyung admitted to. He was unsure on what to say, the boy making him speechless.

     "Leehyun told me something similar," The brunet started up again. "He told me that I should just tell you guys because lying about it wasn't the answer. I told him I couldn't and he said then it was on me. He said he wasn't going to do my dirty work for me, he said it wasn't up to him."

"At least he wasn't as dumb as I thought he was." Jeongguk remarked. "What's he up to anyways? After Jimin dumped him, I didn't hear much about it."

"I'm not sure, the last I saw him was the day I left." Taehyung said, shrugging a bit. "But, whatever, I just want you to know that—"

"You're sorry, you regret it, you would take it bad, I get it." Jeongguk shook his head but to himself. "I don't want to hear it. I get what you're trying to do but it's like every time you say sorry, there's another thing for me to be upset about and—" He cut himself off, thinking of what to say. "Ugh, you make it so hard."

Taehyung directed his attention over, listening to what Jeongguk had to say. He could hear the distress in his voice.

"I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm so sick of running in circles with you, backpedaling, spinning in spirals just to end up nowhere."

"Then let's end somewhere," Taehyung whined, turning his body a bit to face Jeongguk. "We can end somewhere but it's you who doesn't want to. I'm trying so hard to move on from it but—"

"But fucking nothing, Taehyung." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, a forever-frown lingering. "Nothing, Taehyung. It's fucking nothing and I need you to just stop talking, please."