t w e l v e

"Why so bummed now? You weren't upset back at the motel. What changed?" Jeongguk asked his younger brother who wore a face of bemusement.

"I don't know." Jungkook shrugged, having the window seat so he could stare out the window with his bummed look.

"Okay-"

"Part of me felt like maybe I would see him there. I get we're mad at him but I want some closure." Jungkook said even though Jeongguk was willing to not listen.

"Um, how exactly does that create closure? Closure only happens when we figure out why he left us. I didn't get closure out of seeing him; I got pissed. I still feel angry about it. What closure do you get just from seeing him? Nothing. No closure." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, refusing to look at his brother while his brother was looking back at him with a look of concern.

Jungkook listened closely, a frown on his lips. He knew Jeongguk was angry and he understood why.

"He even sounded like a jerk. He sounded like he was glad he was out of our lives." Jeongguk added. "Closure didn't come and wouldn't have."

Jungkook lied to Jeongguk. He knew too well that seeing someone wouldn't cause any closure. What Jungkook truly wanted was to talk to Taehyung. He wanted to ask him on a personal level why he left, he wanted a one-on-one talk but he wasn't sure on how Jeongguk would react if he said all that.

Jungkook believed that if he saw Taehyung, he could've planned for them to meet up sometime and really, really talk about it. He wanted know, he wanted to know first, he wanted to tell Jeongguk.

The whole ordeal was confusing and nerve racking but that only made Jungkook want to take it on more.

     "Whatever. It just didn't bring me anything." Jeongguk pulled out a neck pillow and set it around his neck, leaning back. "We have a long flight ahead of us so let's just relax and not worry about him, 'kay? It's best if we ignore it. It's not like we'll ever see him again anyways."

Little did anyone know.

***

     The flight had went smoothly, overall great. Jeongguk managed to get sleep and Jungkook stayed up and watched the sky and the clouds as it it faded in and out of different colors that varied from pinks and oranges to blues and purples.

The younger twin was awfully apologetic to Jeongguk but never actually vocalized how sorry he was. He was sorry for bringing up Taehyung again as a topic.

For people who wanted to avoid it as much as possible, they sure couldn't catch a break when it came to the said topic.

     Moving on, they got off the plane, arriving back in Charlotte, North Carolina where they were finally able to go back to their shared penthouse.

They didn't talk too much between the time they had from the airport and all the way back to their living space. The only things really mentioned were how they personally felt during the whole trip to Korea and how jet lagged they currently both.

It wasn't much but they didn't have too much to actually talk about. They spent the entire trip together, they were both by each other's side for the most of it.

     "When they come to America, are we only getting dinner?" Jungkook asked the moment they settled everything back to their rooms and everything was wrapping up, joining back into the main area where they would watch TV together.

"I mean, yeah?" Jeongguk said as if it were obvious. "Why? What else did you want to do?"

"Well, for some of them, it'll be their first times in America! Why not do more than just dinner? We could buy them something." Jungkook suggested, being totally seriously about it.