t h i r t y - s e v e n

The nightfall rained upon the Jeon Twins as they spent probably another hour or two at the stadium together.

They talked and reminisced about old times, old memories that were nothing but joyful and pure. Sweet times where all of them were happy and their hearts content.

Where the three of them were head over heels in love. Where their smiles were never-ending and their giggles were the loudest things in the room.

Then they talked some more and it came down to where Jeongguk told his finalizes decision. Where he knew deep down inside what the best option was for him. Where he could guarantee happiness for all of them.

Jungkook was shocked initially but at the same time, he was proud. He knew it was a good choice and he knew it would relieve each and every one of them. He knew what it was and that Jeongguk would be happiest this way.

     "I love you, you know that?" Jungkook nudged his brother's arm as he adjusted himself and stood, his twin following after a moment.

"No, I thought you hated me. Gee, what a relief." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, a grin spreading over his features. "I love you too though, very unfortunate."

"You couldn't live without me. Unfortunate my ass." Jungkook retorted, shaking his head. "But I think we should go home and . . . Talk to Taehyung. He's upset and things can't end with him in tears."

Jeongguk could've spat back a jokey comment but he held it, he just nodded in agreement.

     The twins walked to their vehicles and both drove themselves back to their shared penthouse. The pretty hues of orange glows long gone faded into blues of many different shades.

The stars sparkled and surrounded the moon so it wasn't all alone in the sky, blinging at bright as the other. They twinkled and sprinkled the the dark shades, being a natural source of light.

Usually the stars weren't so bright but they were tonight. Maybe Jeongguk just thought they were due to the glowy feeling he had in his chest, the fluttering and the relief of weight off his shoulders.

It was a heavenly feel and he knew it wasn't going to last forever but it would eventually return in the long run.

Eventually.

     To cut to the chase, both boys arrived home together and they made their way into the complex. They signed in and headed straight for the elevator.

The casual and awkward sound of the lightly played music filled their ears but they didn't feel awkward. It especially didn't feel awkward when they shared a reassuring look towards one another.

A look that promised the joy they all could feel. It would take time, effort, patience, and will but it would grant them a feeling of closure and comfort.

     The elevator doors slid open and revealed Taehyung who was sat in the living room, head laid back and TV playing in the background.

He looked back over his shoulder once he heard the door to the apartment open up.

     "I'm sorry," Jeongguk said first before walking all the way in. "Let's . . . Let's talk like adults. I won't leave or yell this time." He promised without saying the actual word.

Jungkook nodded in agreement. It's what they talked about at the stadium. Just being grown adults and confessing what they all wanted to be said.

     "It's going to kill me."

"It's going to help you, Gguk." Jungkook uttered. "Yeah, dude, it's going to hurt but this doesn't have to be dragged along any further. This doesn't have to be a back and forth game."