Chapter 2

I feel something lightly touching my bellybutton. My eyes are still closed. It feels almost as if it were alive. It tickles me.

Louis? Is that you?

Why would he be in my room, delicately touching my stomach? I'm scared to open my eyes because I honestly don't know what I'm going to do if it's actually him.

I take a deep breath and look. A fucking mosquito. I sit up straight and push it away with my hand.

We have to keep the windows open because of the summer heat. I need that light breeze in my room at night if I don't want to suffocate and die. The only problem we must face are the bugs. All sorts of bugs. Everywhere. I remember waking up to a spider on my pillow when I was eight. I ran straight to my mom, crying.

I'm older now, and more mature. I'm not crying, but that mosquito startled me awake. I quickly calm down after that.

I'm mostly relieved that it wasn't him.

Still, that mosquito woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep, even if I wanted to. I've had a terrible night. I hardly slept. I kept tossing and turning in my small single bed. It squeaks every time I make the slightest move. Super fun.

Although my bed sucked, that wasn't what kept me awake throughout the entire night. My mind simply wouldn't shut up. I couldn't stop thinking about the dick that was comfortably sleeping in my bed down the hall.

Could you leave me alone please?

You want me to leave you alone Louis? Fine. I'll just act like you aren't even there. I'll completely ignore you if you want me to. I mean, that's what you want, isn't it?

I grab my watch on my bedside table. 6:22 am. Guess I'm getting up extra early this morning. I get up, grab a clean shirt and a bathing suit from my drawer, take my journal on my desk and head towards the door.

Mafalda is probably still asleep. Breakfast won't be ready until nine. Downstairs, I pass through the living room and push past the big blue patio doors that lead me to my backyard. On my left I see the terrace. An old white table, with six chairs lying around it. On my right is my bike, leaning against the wall. Do I stay here, or do I go somewhere else? I've had a lot on my mind since Louis' arrival. I feel like I need to escape a bit.

I tuck my journal in my back pocket, grab my bike, hop on it and head to my secret spot. I pass through the small village. It's dead. I don't cross paths with a single soul. I've never seen Saint-Rémy-de-Provence like this. So quiet and untouched. I enjoy it. It feels good to be alone.

I end up on an old dirt road, passing through vineyards. I stop to steal a few grapes. I need a quick refresher. It's not even seven and I can already feel the summer heat.

The end of the road meets with a green hill. I get off my bike and drop it on the ground. I hike the hill and I'm finally met with my favorite view in the whole world: Lavender fields. Purple flowers everywhere. I can smell them from where I stand.

It's my secret escape place. You can't even tell from the old road that a beautiful sight is hidden behind that hill. I discovered it a few years back when I wanted to take a piss in private. I come here often to read or to write.

I sit down on the grass and pull out my journal. I open it. I always leave my pen at the page where I last wrote. I take it and gently tap the bottom of it on the empty page.

I never write long paragraphs. It's usually just a sentence or two. It helps me organize my thoughts. Plus, I enjoy looking back on what I previously wrote.

I think about yesterday. Louis' arrival. His bandana that matches his blue eyes. Him completely ignoring me and then proceeding to fall asleep on my old bed.

I start to count on my fingers... He's been asleep for fourteen hours. Do you really need that much sleep Louis?

I don't know what frustrates me more: his attitude or his laziness?

"I'm mad at you because you're a lazy, ungrateful piece of shit."

Why was he affecting my mood so much to begin with? I shouldn't be letting him have this much power over me.

I tear up the page, scrunch it into a ball with my fist and throw it out in the open.

"I wish your lips could've met mine. They looked so sweet."

There. Write about what makes you happy. Write about Jeanne. Not him.

I put my pen between the two pages and close my journal. I look out to the view and take a deep breath.

I won't let you ruin my summer Louis. 

Chapter 2 done!! It's more of a transition chapter, but don't worry, Louis will be there in the next one:))