Chapter 13

"Hello?"

"Bonjour, Harry? C'est Jeanne." Of course it's her. Who else could it be?

"Ah, salut."

"You don't seem too happy to talk to me. Were you in the middle of something?"

"No! Nothing. I was doing nothing." I lie. I don't want to tell her about my study sessions with Louis. I don't want her to know that I'm spending time with him. Is that weird?

"I'm sorry, I am happy to speak with you. Why did you call me?" I add, trying to change the subject.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to come to my house. I miss you."

"Jeanne, we saw each other yesterday."

"I don't miss you like that. I miss how we were in your room last week before Louis came and interrupted us."

Oh. She misses me like that. To be completely honest, I haven't even thought about her like that since that day in my room. Giving her quick kisses is fun and everything, but I don't know if I want that with her right now.

"So do you want to come over?" She says, interrupting my thoughts.

I do want to see her, but I don't know if I'll be able to give her what she wants. What do I do now?

"Allo? Are you still there?"

"Oh yeah, sorry, think I lost connexion for a moment there" I lie again. I really have to stop lying to Jeanne that much.

"So... are you going to come over or not?"

I mean, we can just go for a swim in her pool and read books, right? Nothing else?

"Sure, I'll be there in 20."

...

Today at Jeanne's house was... complicated. I was too shy to tell her that I wasn't up to do anything sexual with her, so I kept ignoring the signs she threw at me.

As I was lying on a chair by her pool, she came to straddle my lap and started to kiss me. I do enjoy kissing her, but I didn't want this to go further. When she let her hand travel down my stomach and onto the hem of my swimsuit, I purposely threw myself against the back of the chair, to make it tip and fall to the ground. Luckily, no one got hurt, but it did make me realize how desperate I was to NOT get sexual with her.

For now, I just want to kiss her. Nothing more. I need to figure out where my brain is at with the whole Louis situation before I can do anything with her.

After the incident, I went to sit by the table and read my book for the rest of the afternoon. I made it clear that I didn't want to be disturbed.

Jeanne eventually got the message and invited the rest of our friends over for a swim. We all stayed for diner and decided to go clubbing afterwards.

That's where we are now. The village's club, which is more like an outside bar with an open terrace, where there's a DJ that plays music for everyone to dance to.

As I'm waiting for the barman to fix me drinks for me and my friends, Louis comes into view. I don't even have time to fully look at him to notice that he's accompanied by other people.

Since when does Louis have friends?

He's with a blonde girl and three other men, who all look much older than him. I can't recognize any of them. They all seem to be laughing and enjoying themselves. Louis has a big smile on.

When he finally sees me, his face goes serious. He stops moving for a brief second to look at me. He turns to one of the guys and whispers something in his ear. He leaves his friends behind and walks towards me.