Chapter 16

"Show me how much you missed me. Montre moi."

I had to return the favor... which I honestly think didn't go too well. I really wasn't into it. I tried my best to focus on her and giving her pleasure, but every time my fingers rammed into her, my mind drifted to Louis.

I know Louis has a penis, not a vagina.

But with Jeanne and I covered in a thin layer of sweat, our gray shadows dancing in the moonlight, I could only imagine what would happen with Louis if we were in the same position.

Would he want to touch me?

What happened on the dance floor earlier was very out of character for me. I was just so in the moment; I didn't think about what I was doing. I was too concentrated on getting a reaction from Louis...

Let's say that I tried my best to do everything to pleasure Jeanne. It took me forty minutes to make her come. I think she only sucked me off for ten.

Either I'm shit at touching her, or making women come is just more complicated. I'm pretty sure it's just me being shit at it though. I'm gonna have to work on that.

After we had finished our... midnight activities, we were both very tired, so we crashed in her bed.

I woke up quite early this morning with an atrocious headache. The sun was hardly up. Jeanne had left her blinds open, so the walls of her room were covered in shades of pink and orange.

She's still sleeping beside me, her face resting on her pillow. My head is pounding and I'm feeling nauseous. I have to get out of here before I puke on her bed.

I open her bedside table to find a pen and a piece of paper. I scribble out a quick message.

Salut Jeanne,

I wasn't feeling well so I had to leave early. I didn't want to wake you.

Thank you for last night,

À plus, Harry.

I decided to leave it next to her lamp. I give her a quick kiss on the cheek before grabbing my clothes that were scattered on the floor and putting them on.

I slowly make my way out of her room, tiptoeing to be as quiet as I can. Once I manage to get down the stairs and out of her house, I feel my insides making their way up my throat and in my mouth. I hardly have time to run to a bush when I start emptying my stomach out in Jeanne's garden.

Oups... I hope her parents are still asleep.

Luckily, I feel much better after that. My headache is still killing me, but now I feel like most of the alcohol from last night has left my system.

I was about to pass the fence when I saw my bicycle laying on the front yard.

I don't even remember using it last night. Interesting.

I pick it up from the ground and ride it to my house.

By the time I arrived home, the sun was fully up. It was already starting to get hot. I needed water. Now.

As I get to place my bike on the fence, I see Louis' already leaning against it.

He's home. Great.

Seeing him is the last thing I want to do right now. I just want to be alone and spend the whole day in my room. I need to process everything that's happened in the past twenty-four hours.

I open the door from the backyard and make my way to the kitchen, which seems to be occupied. I peak my head through the door and see Mafalda making breakfast.

For once, God seems to be in my favor.

"Bonjour Mafalda." She looks up at me in surprise.

"Ah, bonjour! Didn't know you would be home this early."

"Yeah well, I need sleep. And a big glass of water."

"Laisse moi t'en faire un" She grabs a glass from the cabinet and pours water in it.

"Merci" I take the glass and finish it in one gulp. I hardly have time to place it on the counter that Mafalda is already pouring me another glass.

"Re-merci" I chuckle and drink my second glass as fast as the first one.

"So... with who were you last night? Was it with Jeanne?" Mafalda asks, with a grin plastered on her face.

Mafalda has always been like a second mom to me. She's been taking care of me since I was little. It was normal for her to ask questions about my personal life.

"Yeah, it was with Jeanne." I answer.

"I always knew you two would end up together. You've been all over each other for years." She says, still smiling.

"I mean, we're not together together." I say, almost too quickly. "We're still open."

"Ouverts? For who?" She asks while putting one hand on her hip.

I really must start thinking before I speak.

"No no no, not like that. More in the sense that we don't want to put a label on what we are. No one does that anymore. You wouldn't know how the youngsters do it these days..."

"Are you calling me old mister? I would watch that mouth of yours if you want to keep eating my meals!" She says, while grabbing a tablecloth and jokingly slapping it on my thigh.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I giggle out. "I didn't mean it like that. I promise!"

"Yeah Yeah... It's okay. I'll let it pass... for now." She ruffles my hair and gives me a quick kiss on the forehead before going back to her cooking.

"Well, I'll be up in my room. It was talking with you Mafalda."

"The pleasure is all mine mon coco."

I give her one last smile before I make my way through the living room and to the stairs. As I'm about to reach the top of the stairs, I hear giggling from the end of the hall. I crouch down on the stairs to hide myself and try to catch a glance of what is happening.

That's when I see them. Agathe and Louis, standing in his bedroom doorframe, giggling and kissing.

She stands up on her tiptoes to kiss him on the forehead. He has his hands in her hair.

It's not even the kisses that hurt, or the possibility that they've had sex. It's his fucking smile.

Not just a small smirk, or a faint grin. A big smile, where all his teeth are showing. I can't see his eyes, but I just know that there's fucking stars in them.

I feel stupid to have thought that something had happened between us on the dance floor. He was probably drunk and thought it would be funny to mess with me.

I hate this. I hate myself for falling for this bullshit and for treating Jeanne like my accessory. She deserves more than that.

I'm done falling for you Louis. You can shove our tutoring lessons up your fucking ass.

I make my way back down the stairs. I'm practically sprinting through the house to get out of there. I grab my bike once again and head towards the one place where I know I'll be completely alone.

The lavender fields.

You are all sososo loved, BY ME<3