Chapter 9

I feel something warm on my face. It's not an object. It's more like a feeling. It's heavy. It feels good. It's comforting.

I've been half-awake for the past hour or so. I simple haven't opened my eyes yet.

I don't want to.

I know that if I open my eyes, I'm going to have to face reality again. Which, in this case, takes the form of a hungover blue-eyed man, who happens to be staying in the room adjacent to mine.

What happened last night was...strange. Very strange. Too many emotions for me to think about. I've just been so confused with everything since Louis got here. He hasn't even stayed a full week and I feel like it's been ages. It feels like it's never going to end. The awkward confrontations. The fights. The looks. The touching. The tension.

Ah yes. The tension.

I feel as if, whenever I'm with him, the air gets thicker. I get all weird and words get stuck in my throat. I don't dare say anything, in case I mess everything up. It's terribly uncomfortable. Frightening even. But it's exciting. I'd be lying to myself if I said I didn't enjoy it.

With Jeanne, I know that I can reach out and touch and she'll let me. I know she's into me. The way her eyes light up when we touch. The way she smiles when I compliment her. The way she tries to hide it all with her tough attitude. I've known her for a long time. She's predictable to me.

With Louis, it's different. It's exciting, because I know nothing about him. He's uncharted territory for me.

All the things I know about him are purely physical. I've managed to learn a lot, too much probably about his appearance.

I can tell you, from laying here, in my bed, with my eyes closed, everything there is to know about his blue eyes. I could tell you how annoying I find his messy hair to be. And his stupid blue bandana that he likes to wrap around his head.

But I don't know him.

I don't know why he was completely plastered last night.

I don't know why he gets all touchy when he's with me.

I don't know his story.

I know nothing.

Well, I know a little.

I remind his of someone. Him.

Who do I remind you of Louis?

I would obviously never dare to ask. I don't think I would ever dare approach Louis again. Not after last night. Like I said, I don't know him. I don't know how he feels about this situation. I'll let him make the first move. If he ever wants to talk to me again.

Slowly, I open my eyes. The midday sun shines through the open windows and on my pale skin. It's very hot in my room. I'm lightly sweating from the heat and the humidity.

I look down at my body. I'm still in my now dried clothes from last night. I hadn't bothered changing into new clothes before bed.

I remember that it took me hours to fall asleep. I kept tossing and turning in my bed, wondering how I was going to face him the next morning.

I look at my watch that's sitting on my nightstand.

12: 16

Looks like someone slept in.

I want to stay in my room and never leave it. Just keep pretending that I'm sick. Avoiding Louis and all the emotional weirdness that comes with him.

But I can't. I know I can't. So I push myself out of bed, change into a clean bathing suit and a fresh shirt, put on my watch, and head downstairs.

As I pass through the living room, I bump into Maman.

"Enfin! You feel better! Papa et moi avions peur pour toi mon chéri. » She says to me, while squeezing my shoulder.

"Don't worry about me Maman. Je vais mieux maintenant. I'm just hungry." I answer, placing my hand on hers.

"Oh well, Mafalda hasn't cleaned the breakfast table yet. There's still food left. Va te servir."

"Will do, merci" I give her a light kiss on the cheek and head towards the terrace.

As I open the door leading outside, I see Louis. Sitting by the breakfast table, reading a newspaper. He's very concentrated.

Fuck. Guess that leads me no choice then.

I pull out a chair and sit across from him. I don't talk. If he wants to address what happened last night, he can. It's all up to him.

I'm honestly scared that if I start talking, I'll start asking stupid questions that he probably won't want to answer.

I decide to remain silent and reach for the fruit plate.

I nervously tap my fingers against the table. It takes me everything to act casual.

After what seems to feel like years, he looks up from the newspaper he's holding.

His eyes widen when he realises that it's me who's sitting in front of him.

"Hey! Long time no see Harry. Where were you these past three days? I haven't seen you around."

What? Hasn't seen me in three days?

I give him a confused look.

"Your parents said you were sick. Are you feeling better?"

Why is he acting like nothing happened last night? Like he doesn't remember anything?

Did this all happen in my head? Was it all just a stupid dream? My head is spinning.

"Y-yeah I feel great. Superb. Better than ever, thanks for asking." I say quickly.

"Oh good to kno-

"Where were you last night?"

"What?"

"Last night, where were you?"

"Nowhere. I went to sleep quite early, to be honest. I was feeling tired and had a lot on my mind. I needed to relax. I slept in pretty late actually. Well, not as much as you." He answers casually, all while bringing his teacup to his mouth to take a sip.

That's it. I'm officially crazy. Last night was just a made-up scenario.

I only thought it was real because, deep down, I wanted it to be.

He interrupts my thoughts by speaking again.

"Why did you ask?"

"No reason, just thought I heard some noise downstairs." I shrug.

"Oh. Okay then." He returns to reading the newspaper.

I can't eat anymore. I don't feel like it. My stomach is all tangled up. I feel weird.

It just felt so real.

I must've been completely lost in my thoughts because Louis eventually spoke again.

"Are you alright mate?"

As I open my mouth to answer him, I hear the backward fence door open and close.

We both look where the noise came from.

Jeanne.

Considering how last time we were all together went, this is definitely going to be interesting.

HMMMM... Did last night really NOT happen?!?...

Next update will be very soon!

Thank you for reading! It means so much to me. Love you besties<3<3<3