Chapter 23

The movie has been playing for approximately 20 minutes and I've looked at the screen for only 10 of them. I keep looking down at Louis and mine's arms. Whenever he tries to tell me something, he leans in closer to me. I feel his breath tickle my ear.

Louis likes to comment on the characters, the main structure of the movie and well anything else that comes to mind. He keeps making the most random remarks on everything. I love it. He seems so sure of himself, sitting here, next to me. I sense that he likes being in control. I, for once, don't mind at all letting him take the lead.

I want to learn everything there is to learn about movies. I feel like it's my chance to get to know more about him.

"I love this scene." His arm brushes against mine as he points to the screen. "Look at Kathy's face when she realizes that Don Lockwood is at the party." I smile.

Not even five seconds later, we see Kathy coming out of a giant cake and she's met face to face with Don.

"That's one funny reaction." I laugh. Louis turns to me fully. He looks me in the face and does that thing. His Louis smile.

"You really think so?" He looks at me, waiting.

"I really do think so." I answer, all while trying to return his beautiful smile with one of mine.

We stay there for a moment, just looking at each other, smiling like two idiots. I'll gladly look like an idiot with Louis anytime.

I then start to hear faint music in the background. Louis seems to hear it too because he immediately snaps out of his gaze and looks at the screen.

"Shit! We're almost going to miss the first musical number." He turns his body, so that he's completely facing the screen. His arm remains on the seat, brushing against mine.

The heat waves sending chills down my entire body whenever we touch? Never gets old.

But enough of that. I need to watch the movie; in case he has a pop quiz prepared for me at the end.

"All I do is dream of you the whole night through..."

That's kind of relatable. Louis' always on my mind. Whenever I close my eyes, he's the one I see. Even with Jeanne's lips on mine, he's the one I feel.

With him by my side, I can't help but wonder: does he ever think of me? Do I ever cross his mind? Probably not.

He's got Agathe. I shouldn't care, I know. But I do. I really do.

I sigh.

"Do you not like the movie?" Louis asks, with a small frown.

"No!" I say, too fast. It's clear that I'm hiding something. "No, I just- the song. It made me thing of something. But it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, it's stupid." I laugh awkwardly.

"Harry" Louis says, while putting a hand on my arm. He squeezes it lightly. "Nothing you do, think, or feel is ever stupid. If someone has ever made you feel that way. I'm sorry. But you're allowed to be and to live. Don't ever invalidate your own thoughts or feelings."

Wow. I don't know what to say. Even if I was just trying to cover up the fact that I was thinking about him, it is true that I tend to cover up how I'm feeling. I don't want people to worry. I always put everyone else first but me.

"You know, you can always be yourself with me. You don't need to cover up. Speak your thoughts. I'll listen and never judge." With that, he gives me a shy smile. He lets go of my arm and takes a strand of my hair with his finger. "Curly."

That makes me giggle. "Thank you, Louis." And for the first time, I reach out to him. I put my hand on his shoulder. "You can always be yourself with me too, you know."

He takes his hand and puts it on mine. "I know."

...

This has got to be the most colorful and fun movie I've ever seen. Every musical number is better than the last one. All the songs are catchy. But, like I said, I'm not fully paying attention to the screen.

I keep replaying in my head what Louis told me earlier. I can always be myself around him. For someone like Louis, I feel like he might need more. Will I ever be enough?

After that moment, we returned to our normal watching position, arms brushing. We're currently watching a scene where Kathy is singing, and Don is looking at her. His eyes are sparkling. He truly looks like he's in love with her.

"He holds her in his arms,
Would you?
Would you?"

Would Louis hold me in his arms? Like he holds Agathe?

"He tells her of her charms,
Would you?
Would you?"

Would he be able to make me feel like I'm enough? Does Agathe feel like she's enough?

"They met as you and I,
And they were only friends"

Well, I kind of hated Louis at first.

"But before the story ends"

It's while hearing that line that it hits me. The story will end. Summer will end and Louis will go away. I can't let myself feel what I feel or let alone think about him. I'll only end up getting hurt. The story needs to end now.

I sit up from my seat and start walking out of the theater room.

"I'm sorry" I say, looking back at Louis. "I can't do this."

"Wha-"

I close the door and storm off.

I'm back..?

I missed you. All of you. So much<3333