Chapter 10

Once Jeanne notices that I'm with Louis, she starts to turn around.

"Oh I can come back another time, I don't want to interrupt- "

"Nonsense, please do join us Jeanne." Louis says all while smiling. I can't tell if he's messing with her or not.

She gives me a questioning look.

"Yeah, come sit with us." I gesture the seat next to me. I couldn't possibly tell her to go back home. Also, I can't be alone with Louis for now, cause I'll have to explain to him why I was so out of it moments ago.

I'll keep my weird dream to myself thanks.

Jeanne walks towards us. She is beautiful. The way her green dress moves in the light. Her bright brown hair falls on her shoulders. She takes out the chair next to me and sits down. She smiles at me and pats my thigh lightly. A touch that means "I'm happy to see you, but we need to talk alone later".

I look her in the eyes and nod.

"Happy to see you now that you're more... clothed." Louis says while leaning back against his chair, arms behind his head.

"Not my fault you barged in unexpectedly." Jeanne answers, dry. I feel her tense up next to me.

"Don't worry darling, I didn't see anything." He turns his head to look at me. "I didn't want to either".

"Next time, knock. It's not that complicated." Jeanne retorts calmly.

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I know she's fighting everything in her right now to not attack him. I should be defending her.

Louis is being a little shit. I should put him back in his place, for Jeanne's honor. But something inside me keeps me from doing it.

I've always hated confrontation. And from what I can see, Louis would definitely talk back if I said anything.

Instead, I do what I'm good at doing. Finding a distraction.

"Sooooo... The weather?" I say, hesitant.

"Nonono Curly, you're not getting away with this." He points a finger at me and turns to Jeanne. "You said next time... so there will be more of... whatever you two were doing." He gestures between the two of us.

"Well tell me all about it you little love birds. Is the sex good?" He looks at Jeanne "Is he any good?" then looks at me "Does she satisfy your needs?" His look is intense.

Okay I'm done doing nothing. I can't let him step on me.

"She's everything I've ever wanted and much more, thank you for asking." I say in a challenging tone.

"Are you sure about that? Cause the only name I've heard you scream at night is Louis." He says. He gives me a small wink and looks away.

I stop breathing. I forgot how. I try to keep my cool but it's evidently not working. My eyes stay wide open, my mouth slightly parted.

He heard me? I made noise? I don't remember saying his names Was I that loud? HE HEARD ME MOAN HIS NAME?

"You're stupid." Jeanne chuckles and pokes my side.

I come out of my trance and start breathing again. I try and put on a smile, to hide my discomfort but make a weird face instead.

"I mean you did believe me a little bit, didn't you?" Louis says to her, smiling. He bites his bottom lip and looks at me.

"Thanks for the reaction mate, it really added credibility to my joke."

Joke. He was joking. Ha. Ha. Ha. This is funny. This is very funny.