Chapter 24

"What do you mean you can't do this?" I hear Louis scream.

We're now in the town square, where everyone can see us. I stop myself from running away, drop my bike on the ground and just stare at him.

"Well," He says, walking closer and closer to me. "Tell me."

I swallow. "Hum," I hesitate. Should I tell him what I really think? Or run away?

"Speak your thoughts. I'll listen and never judge."

I look at the ground and take a deep breath.

"It's just that I would Louis. I would." I say, quiet. It comes out slowly. It's hardly a whisper. I speak lowly, as if I didn't even want him to hear what I had to say. I'm now only staring at his marine shoes. I wait for a response.

Nothing.

Maybe he didn't hear me?

I lift my head and look at him. His eyes are wide. His bright blue eyes sparkle in the sunlight. His lips are slightly parted. I don't know whether he's confused, scared, or all the above. I don't know why, but something inside me tells me to continue.

"And I don't think you would. I mean, would you?" I let out a deep sigh. "Summer will end eventually and I just... I don't know. You'll be gone, while I'll still be here." His eyes soften a little to those last words. I find myself asking him once again.

"Maybe it's best if I know now. You know, I can't spend forever wondering whether you would or not. So please, tell me you wouldn't and will never." Louis puts his hand up and I stop speaking.

He walks past me and towards a quiet alleyway. He turns to look at me and hints to follow him with his head. I walk closely behind him, confused.

Once we're both alone, Louis checks both ways, to make sure that no one is hearing us.

We're standing in the middle of a narrow alleyway, almost chest to chest. I'm sweating from everywhere and I'm pretty sure none of it is from the summer heat.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He says, seriously. Is he trying to warn me?

"No, I don't. I know nothing Louis." I feel stupid to have asked him my question. I shouldn't have.

"It's just... I can't." Louis said, regretfully. His blue eyes staring into mine. I don't know what to say, or what to do. Without realising it, him and I had gotten closer. His chest is now brushing against mine. I feel my heart pounding harder than ever.

Panicked, I step back, until my back meets the wall. We're now once again at a normal distance. For the first time since he spoke, Louis breaks the eye contact between us. He looks at the ground. I can see his eyebrows furrow. He's thinking, he looks conflicted. I remain silent and wait for him to do something.

He finally looks back at me. He takes a step forward. And then another one, and another one, until our chests meet again. He gently puts his hand on my cheek and grazes his thumb on my bottom lip.

My lips part at the touch. He could be touching me everywhere, but this. The thumb caressing my lips. This feels so much more intimate. I close my eyes. And lean my head back against the wall.

He takes his finger and starts to draw the shape of my lips, as if he wanted to memorize them. He goes slowly, moving with every curve. Even though I'm clothed, I've never felt more naked. I feel completely exposed to Louis. He's the one in control, touching me.

We've been standing there for what feels like hours, days, years. Yet I feel like it's been seconds. Time has become quite fuzzy ever since I closed my eyes.

I feel his hot breath on my neck. Even though we're in the middle of summer, I enjoy the feeling.

He takes away his finger from my lips. I feel him bring his face close to mine. His hair brushes my left cheek. He whispers into my ear.

"I would Harry. I would have since the day I arrived here. But I can't." I then feel him move. The warmth that surrounded me moments ago is now gone. I feel the light summer breeze on my body. I open my eyes and realise that I'm alone.

He left me in the alleyway.

Even though he left and I'm standing here alone, I can't help but smile.

He said he would.

My smile fades away.

But why can't he?

Thank you for reading my story (even though I was gone for 4 months...)!!!

I am grateful for every single one of you<3333